PDA

View Full Version : Wyndham Bonnet Creek

mudpuppysmom
04-03-2012, 12:40 PM
Can people out there give me pros/cons to staying here?

We're trying to decide whether we should stay here or: Cypress Point, Legacy Vacations Lake Buena Vista, Summer Bay or Silver Lake.

I know....a lot of choices there, but I'm thinking we can do 1 BR at Wyndham BC and be close to the parks.

Please feel free to chime in on any of the choices listed above too.

jwildflower1981
04-05-2012, 07:37 PM
I just posted this in another thread about offsite hotels swimming pools:

"We just stayed at Wyndham Bonnet Creek. It was really nice. There were 5 or 6 pool, 1 pirate ship theam and a lazy river. The rooms were perfect for a family because it was more like a condo. Full kitchen, dining and living room. However many bedrooms you need. It was about 8 minutes from DTD and close enough to Epcot t see the fireworks.

That was my first and only experience staying off property. I'm almost ashamed to admit it, but I dont know if I can do back to a 'regular" Disney room :blush:"

We had the 1 bedroom in Feb. It was perfect for us. My 3 year old slept on the pull out couch. It was beautiful there. There were activites (free!) for children. There is a bus system there, although we did not use it. So I guess that could be a con because you have to pay for parking. There isnt daily housekeeping, but they give you plenty of "products" to do what you need to do. Oh, and their bath products are from Bath and Body Works.

Con, no dining plan. But you do have a kitchen to make meals. We only ate a few times in the park, so we ended up saving tons of money not having the DDP.

Con, no extra magic hours.

Con, pay for parking.

Hope this helps!

We loved every staying there so much that on the drive home we were already pricing out going back there again in December. I think it may be my new favorite place to stay!

eandrsmom
04-07-2012, 10:48 AM
We're booked to stay there at the end of this month. It's our first time staying there, but I've heard really good things. We are a family of six, so we really need the extra space, and the DVC rentals were too expensive. I got a fantastic rate dealing directly with a timeshare owner.

NJGIRL
04-07-2012, 05:44 PM
I have stayed at Cypress Point and it was nice BUT I have heard so many good things about Bonnet Creek, plus it is harder to get into it so I would go with Bonnet Creek this time around.

Mr.Boardwalk
04-09-2012, 10:21 AM
My family and our extended family, will be staying there in May for the first time, I have heard nothing but good things:thumbsup:

eandrsmom
06-05-2012, 10:14 PM
Well, we stayed there in May, and are going back in July. The condo was fantastic. Two full bathrooms, a kitchen, and washer and dryer couldn't be beat for a large family. I did miss some of the "magic" that you get at a Disney resort, but the size and price of the room really made up for it. The little ones really liked the kid's splash area, and we could see the fireworks from Illuminations nightly from our balcony. I think this is going to be our new place to stay!

angyl15
06-11-2012, 02:30 PM
LOVE Bonnet Creek. I have stayed there 3 times now and converted my family of "disney on-site people" to it as well.

Cons
-bus is on a schedule and not all that frequent. we have never used it and just opted for a car. That being said, you then have to pay for parking at the parks.

Pros
-tons of room
-separate living and sleeping areas - awesome when you have kids
-view of epcot fireworks (if your request is granted)
-jacuzzi tub and nice big baths
-lots of pools, play areas, mini golf, etc all included

eandrsmom
06-18-2012, 02:18 PM
We drove our own car, so we didn't use their transportation. We did have to pay for parking when we went to the parks, but the low cost of our villa more than made up for parking fees. We will continue to stay at Bonnet Creek. The location and value cannot be beat!