PDA

View Full Version : Grazing World Showcase

jaredkari
04-02-2012, 10:47 PM
My wife and I have been to WDW several times but the other day we were talking about that we have never really tried many different snacks around World Showcase. We are generally so stuffed from going to Sunshine Seasons (we love that place, we have gone to Epcot before only to eat there and then left). What are some of the best of the best grab and go snacks around World Showcase??:mickey:

SBETigg
04-02-2012, 11:29 PM
Sunshine Seasons is good, but it never measures up to some of the World Showcase quick service places for us. Instead of just buying snack food, we'll split quick service meals here and there. Tangierine Cafe, the Cantina in Mexico, and Yakitori House (which is now something else) are always some of our favorites. Also, we like to spend some time in the pub area at Rose and Crown and get Scotch eggs.

The Cantina de San Angel in Mexico is also a good place for snacks if you can get a table. But there is also good gelato in Italy, crepes in France (or pastries at Boulangerie Patisserie), school bread in Norway, Karamell Kuche in Germany has lots of good treats. Oh, also the pretzels in Germany. It depends on what you're after-- so much to choose from.

buzznwoodysmom
04-03-2012, 09:10 AM
We've done this on our last two trips. We call it "eating around the world". We are a family of 4 and instead of stopping at one location and getting 4 meals we get one meal to share at 4 or so different places, and we get snacks and adult beverages inbetween. We've only managed to get about 2/3 through because we always get stuffed before we can make it through.

We love getting the nachos, churros and a passion fruit margarita in Mexico, we've also enjoyed meals from China and Japan. We often get the snowcones in Japan, pretzels and beer, or caramels in Germany. We've had funnel cakes and a turkey leg in America. I can't remember all the things we've tried, but we just stroll throught WS starting around lunch time and stop for anything that might look or smell good. We also try to make sure the majority of what we get are items we haven't had in the past, unless they are a favorite! We hope to be able to finish our "eating around the world" on our next trip to Epcot.

Disney Doll
04-03-2012, 10:43 AM
We love snacking our way around World Showcase. We'll do that for an afternoon and make a meal of it. I never, ever visit EPCOT without a warm ham and cheese croissant from the pastry shop in France. And of course I always have dessert after that meal because the pastry shop has an amazing selection of desserts.

MississippiDisneyFreak
04-03-2012, 10:49 AM
Fish n Chips at the UK, pastries in france, nachos and churros in Mexico, and caramels in Germany....

BrerGnat
04-03-2012, 11:32 AM
I prefer the World Showcase options to Sunshine Seasons by far. I like the Mexico CS location (good tacos, nachos, and frozen margaritas!); Egg Rolls in China (always a great snack); pastries from France; soft serve chocolate ice cream from Kiosk in France (truly a hidden gem); pretzels and caramels from Germany are some of my favorite options.

DonaldDuckUSA
04-03-2012, 03:06 PM
Cheese plate and a glass of wine in Paris! :cloud9:

Tinkerbella16
04-03-2012, 03:29 PM
My number 1 favorite snack in World Showcase are the crepes at the small cart in France.. they are delicious!

Sunshine Seasons is the best counter service for a nice lunch in Epcot, in my opinion. :mickey:

ElenitaB
04-03-2012, 10:22 PM
We also make a stop in the shop towards the very back in Japan and pick out some interesting (and unusual for us at least) snacks.

TinkerbellT421
04-03-2012, 10:30 PM
MMMM The crepe snacks over at the snack shack at France

wdw dude
04-04-2012, 10:15 AM
Love Sunshine Seasons!

But around World Showcase, I've got to have a kaki gori (ok... several) in Japan, a cannoli in Italy, and anything from the pastry shop in France.

Top that off with one of those grey goose lemon slushes at the cart in France and I'm all set.

:mickey:

twinboyz
04-11-2012, 10:04 AM
We always snack around the World. Every year we try a little something from each country and share it so when we get thru the next country we can snack a little more.

We always have baklava, that's the standard for that country and skip the US because we live here.

This year we are having and early lunch at LeCellular and then we should be ready to snack a little later in the day. It's all in the planning. You have to snack and try the new things around the world, once you do it, it becomes a tradition!

Have fun!!