PDA

View Full Version : Saratoga Springs No Car

twinboyz
04-02-2012, 07:36 PM
We're considering extending our trip to include a couple of nights at SS in a Studio. We were looking at a map of the resort and it looks spread out. Without a car, we're wondering if it's a good reseort to stay at? We have stayed at Port Orleans :cloud9:in the past and did not mind the walking at that resort. Is this similar? Any info would be appreciated. :D

tjstrike
04-03-2012, 05:19 PM
Congress park is a short walk to DTD, the springs are walking distance to the main pool and restaurants.

DizneyFreak2002
04-04-2012, 03:18 AM
I have stayed at SS before... I had a car but honestly, never used it other than to go off property... Congress Park is about a 5, maybe 10 minute walk to DTD...

Basically, it depends what you are looking to do... Going to the parks??? No car needed, just hop the bus... As mentioned, you can walk to DTD, just request Congress Park... And if you just want to use the pool, you can request to stay at The Springs...

twinboyz
04-06-2012, 01:21 PM
We will be using a quiet pool for a lil bit, but mostly DTD so I've requested a room at Congress Park.
Thanks!:mickey:

DizneyFreak2002
04-07-2012, 08:00 PM
We will be using a quiet pool for a lil bit, but mostly DTD so I've requested a room at Congress Park.
Thanks!:mickey:

Should have told you to also request a room overlooking DTD... going out on the balcony at night and seeing the lights of DTD in the background provided a nice backdrop for me when I stayed there...

MinnieMommie
04-08-2012, 11:13 AM
Have stayed at SSR with and without a car. I agree that if you are staying at Congress to request a DTD view. Very nice! Last I stayed there was no food or refillable mug station at the Congress Park quiet pool but there was a hot tub. It is a very quick walk to DTD Marketplace (and a nice walk might I add).

Generally we like to stay at Grandstand. They have a quiet pool and hot tub, has a food and refillable mug station, it is very close to the boat ride to DTD and very close to the Carriage House and main pool area.

We really enjoy our stays at SSR. Hope you will too! :mickey:

twinboyz
04-11-2012, 09:37 AM
Thanks for all the feedback. I will call today and request a view for DTD!:thumbsup:

We're only there for 2 days, so I appreciate the heads up regarding the food station and refillable mug area since we'll probably need to use those a lil bit. We probably won't be doing much except hanging out, but for reference sake..about how long is the walk from Congress park to the Main Pool Area? 15 min? We'll probably walk over there at some point just to check it out.

Thanks again!

CosmicRay
04-13-2012, 05:42 PM
We have stayed at the Paddock and the Grand Stand. Both have a pleasant walk the Carriage house. Plus if you're near the Paddock, the pool over there has a concession stand that you can refill your mugs and get a QS meal as well.