PDA

View Full Version : What's the best Character Meal in WDW??

mommy2maddi
04-02-2012, 10:06 AM
Going to WDW in November with DH and 2 DD's 9&5. What is the best character dining experience? I have read conflicting reviews in different WDW books and thought maybe I'd get better advice here on Intercot. My daughters really like the princesses but also love Mickey and the gang. Thanks! :mickey:

Tinkerbella16
04-02-2012, 10:24 AM
Depending on if you're doing breakfast or dinner.. Our favorite is Chef Mickeys, Ohanas and Cape May Cafe for breakfast. For dinner we love the Crystal Palace.:mickey:

sherriepaul
04-02-2012, 10:28 AM
Just last August, we went to almost every character dining there was! Cape May Cafe for Breakfast was a lot of fun! Chef mickey's is a classic, 1900 Park fare for Breakfast and Dinner are both great! Ohana's was kind of a let down, they weren't real chipper but might of been an off day. Tusker house, crystal palace are great too, with good food! Cinderella's castle dinner not good food, but princesses were okay. You are really for the experience. Hollywood and vine for breakfast was a lot of fun, dancing with the characters was great.(but you are squeezed in at a small table!) Askerhus was fun for my DD7 but a little over the top for my DS7 (they are twins).

If you have a specific question just message me! :D

Lizzy
04-02-2012, 12:16 PM
Cape May breakfast was the best I have ever experienced. The Characters were so fun and interactive.

Chef Mickeys was rushed. Crystal Palace was ok, but it's Pooh characters and not what you were looking for. I can't remember the AK breakfast one, but that was worse than chef mickeys. We were only able to get my family's picture with one of the characters.

DizneyRox
04-02-2012, 12:21 PM
Donald's Safari Breakfast is probably the best breakfast on property, and comes with characters.

Next up might be Garden Grill. It's expensive, but yummy an fairly "exclusive" so the character interaction seems to be better than most.

Jillirose
04-02-2012, 12:51 PM
Cape May breakfast was the best I have ever experienced. The Characters were so fun and interactive.

Chef Mickeys was rushed. Crystal Palace was ok, but it's Pooh characters and not what you were looking for. I can't remember the AK breakfast one, but that was worse than chef mickeys. We were only able to get my family's picture with one of the characters.

Ditto.

whitney37354
04-02-2012, 01:00 PM
O'hana was our favorite breakfast. Mickey, Pluto, Lilo & Stitch. We loved the food. If you want more of Mickey & Gang, Tusker House was a good breakfast.

1900 PF was our favorite dinner. Cinderella, Prince Charming, Stepmother & Sisters.

To see more princesses, breakfast in the Castle was good. DD was just talking about this last night!

azcavalier
04-02-2012, 01:41 PM
Our favorites:

Breakfast - Chef Mickey's. Last time we actually missed one of the characters (Donald, I think), but I mentioned it to one of the handlers, and they brought Donald to our table just for us!

Dinner - Princess Dinner at Akershus. Different menu, but good food. Almost all of the princesses, and it's not nearly as hard to get into (nor as expensive as) Cinderella's Royal Table.

We have had some really fun experiences with Chip & Dale at the Garden Grill, but have had very mixed meals there.

Dopey's Girl
04-02-2012, 01:48 PM
I love dinner at 1900 Park Fare, but it's not classic characters. Same for breakfast at Crystal Palace, yummy, but no Mickey.

Chef Mickey's is good for the characters, but the food is just ok. We also really enjoyed Garden Grill. The food was really good, and we had a lot of fun with the characters in their farming garb.

Mousemates
04-02-2012, 03:03 PM
I think it kind of depends upon which character is the must see character for your child...we've done several different ones and got the most (longest and most personal) facetime at the Garden Grill.

TinkerbellT421
04-02-2012, 05:26 PM
My personal favorites are:
For breakfast:
1) Akershus in Norway in Epcot. Princess breakfast. Food was delicious and character was awesome. Always mixed reviews on this one everywhere but personally my favorite character breakfast.

2) Crystal Palace, dinner buffet (or lunch), Winnie the Pooh characters. Interaction was awesome, time well spent with everyone. Tigger is always a riot there!

3) Chef Mickey's for the traditional gang, would go for Dinner versus Breakfast, personally.

4) Garden Grill dinner, food was great and you have Mickey, Pluto and the Chipmunks. Great character interaction. Fun atmosphere with the turning.

mommy2maddi
04-02-2012, 09:31 PM
Thanks for all the advice. I've narrowed it down to three....I'll ask my daughters who they would rather eat with! This is why I love Intercot!!!:mickey:

mom2morgan
04-02-2012, 10:07 PM
Our favourite is the Akershus - the setting is lovely, feels just like a castle, and I think you get more time with the Princesses than at Cindy's table. We really enjoy the food, too.