PDA

View Full Version : End of April crowds 2012

ImagiAsh
04-01-2012, 02:31 PM
I have a trip planned a few weeks from now. Tuesday April 24 to Monday April 30th. I know that this is out of the Easter zone, but are there still spring breaks going that late into April? Just wondering what I should anticipate as far as crowds. Thanks! :mickey:

faline
04-01-2012, 04:07 PM
Given the placement of Easter this year, I think the crowds will subside quite a lot by the end of the month. There may be some residual crowds (for example, Massachusetts schools are off the week before you're there) but I think you'll find the crowds to be manageable. Have fun! :mickey:

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-01-2012, 05:12 PM
I agree, it should be a pretty good time to go. We've been early May a couple of times and crowds were great, and with Easter being over, you shouldn't run into many issues. Enjoy!

Dopey's Girl
04-01-2012, 08:02 PM
I was there last year and will be there this year the same time (4/26-30). We had minimum waits. Soarin was about 45 mins, Space Mtn was about the same. We used fastpass a few times, but lines were never too bad. The weather was great. Can't wait to get back!

ImagiAsh
04-01-2012, 10:17 PM
Thanks so much! I've been checking my iPhone WDW Wait Times app this weekend and I can see the lines getting longer and longer. I know it's due to the Easter crowds, but I needed some reassurance that it may not be as bad towards the end of April. :mickey:

Dopey's Girl
04-01-2012, 11:20 PM
Thanks so much! I've been checking my iPhone WDW Wait Times app this weekend and I can see the lines getting longer and longer. I know it's due to the Easter crowds, but I needed some reassurance that it may not be as bad towards the end of April. :mickey:

It wasn't bad at all! The waits the end of the month will be nothing like the next 10 days or so.

Gregandmel
04-04-2012, 09:47 AM
We went April 24th - May 1st back in 2010 when the Easter dates were similar to the date of Easter this year (earlier in April). The crowds were really manageable and we didn't have any trouble doing everything we wanted. We ran into some Grad Night crowds both weekends, as well as some Cheerleading groups who were there the first 3 days we were there, but it's was a really great time. Weather was great and I would pick this time frame again (as long as Easter is a few weeks beforehand). Enjoy!!

DaveMoTX
04-04-2012, 11:28 PM
Enjoyed reading this thread- will be there in a few weeks as well- end of April! Can't wait!! :mickey: