PDA

View Full Version : Trip planning for Nov. 2012

BedknobsandBroomsticks
04-01-2012, 09:04 AM
I have been gone for a year from the boards. No Disney last year, we went to the islands. It was nice but... I missed the World. Going Nov. 24th. Old Key West. Is there a quick way to calculate when I can make my first dinner ressie? We never get into Le Cellier! Really want to try to get it this time. Husband thinks there is no chance because I've failed so many times before!! Thanks! PS, I really missed intercot!:mickey:

NJGIRL
04-01-2012, 09:17 AM
ADR's can be made 180 days in advance. If you keep on missing out I would call exactly 180 days before the date you want them first thing in the morning when the phone lines open. We have eatern there before and had no trouble with getting them in Oct.

faline
04-01-2012, 04:17 PM
This (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/adrplanner/default.asp)might provide some planning help.

Also, if you're familiar with excel, you can enter your arrival date into one cell, 180 into the next cell and then subtract, cell 2 from cell 1. If you get a number in your calculated cell, reformat it to a date and that will provide you with the date you can call for your reservations.

On our last trip (December 2011), I had not initially booked Le Cellier (space not available on the date I wanted it) but persistence paid off and I was able to get an early dining reservation later on (Plus we were a party of 5 - 4 adults and 1 child) so....even if you can't get in when you want, continue trying - something may eventually open up.

ibelieveindisneymagic
04-01-2012, 05:11 PM
Going on-line can also help a bit for ADR's, since the on-line system "opens" at 6am, while the phones don't open until 7am.

But, also some good news. Le Cellier is one of the restaurants that require a credit card guarantee, which seems to have freed up some times, as there have been many more reports of people able to get the dates and times they were hoping for.

BedknobsandBroomsticks
04-03-2012, 11:25 AM
Just got my first iPad for my bday. I am new to all of it, anyway they have a nice free countdown app. It will tell me when I get to 180 days. Thanks for the help.:mickey: