PDA

View Full Version : What "automatic" type digital camera do you recommend

Alpha Jeanie
03-31-2012, 08:03 PM
I would like to buy a new camera before our trip to Disney in June. I want something that is small and easy to use (auto focus etc.) and has a lot of zoom. Can you recommend a fairly inexpensive camera that fits that description?

i'm grumpy
03-31-2012, 08:10 PM
I have a Kodak Easy share with a 3x zoom. Works great. I have seen some other brands in the Best Buy ad with 10x or 15x. :eyes:

Alaska Disney Fan
03-31-2012, 08:21 PM
I also have a kodak easy share but it has a 10x zoom and it was a couple hundred. I bought my daughter a Fuji finepix jx, it has a 5x zoom and its a 12 megapixel. Takes great pictures, small, lightweight and was right around $100.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
03-31-2012, 08:56 PM
I have a Canon, my cousin who owns a camera shop recommended it: PowerShot SX150IS Black
PowerShot SX150IS Black
Digital Camera

Average Customer Rating:

3.7 of 5
Save $50

12x Wide-Angle Optical Zoom and 28mm lens with Optical Image Stabilizer reduces camera shake so you achieve brilliant images whether you are up close or far away.
14.1 Megapixel sensor and Canon DIGIC 4 Image Processor delivers stunning quality images.
Improved Smart AUTO intelligently selects the proper settings for the camera based on 32 predefined shooting situations.
Capture breathtaking 720p HD video in stereo sound with the dedicated movie button and zoom while shooting.
CANON iMAGE GATEWAY Qualified Product

You Pay: $199.99
Was: $249.99
You Save: $50.00
In Stock
Quantity
Add to Cart
Add to Wish List Share with a Frie

datacot
04-01-2012, 04:05 AM
canon kodak panasonic or fuji do some excelent compacts, feature packed and great quality,
sites like amazon also have lots of reviews, thats where i usually start, i have a canon dslr a canon compact and a fuji compact, i have seen some great reviews for kodak too,

DizneyRox
04-01-2012, 08:15 AM
Picked up a Canon Elph 300 recently and it's fantastic. Takes great shots, battery life is very good, and it's so small. It's been replaced by the 310 now I think.

I paid about $150 through an online deal and it was the best camera purchase I've made.

With Kodak basically giving up, I'm not sure I could recommend looking there. I do hear a lot of people like their cameras, but for me, Canon has been the choice. Their cameras (video and stills) and printers have served me well.

NJGIRL
04-01-2012, 09:19 AM
I have a Sony and a Cannon and they both take great pictures without lag time in between.

PirateLover
04-01-2012, 09:38 AM
NOT KODAK!!!!!!!! Over the years, between my family and my husband's, we have owned about 5 Kodak cameras. The last THREE were a result of ONE purchase. The zoom lens kept breaking, *conveniently* every time we'd go on vacation! After shipping it away twice, on the third time they no longer made that model, so they gave us the updated version. Then...guess what...THAT one broke, and we got another new one. So far, after a little over a year, that one's been OK in terms of breaking, but that's not saying much. I don't really use it because my iPhone takes just as good, if not better, pictures.

Both my mother and mother-in-law now have Canons and I must say they are MUCH better.

Dopey's Girl
04-01-2012, 12:27 PM
I had Kodak cameras for years, but have made the switch to cannon and couldn't be happier. I have a small Elph as well as a larger PowerShot that allows for some manual manipulations of the settings, without removable lenses. They both take great pics. Much better than the kodaks I had.

PopPhan
04-01-2012, 12:46 PM
I have a Kodak Z12IS {12-megapixel) and it's a fine camera, except for one thing.....The autofocus function has a brilliant white light that strobes to focus....This makes it IMPOSSIBLE to use on dark rides!!!! I had it on Pirates one time and when I relized that it was me 'flashing' all the time, i turned it off and have not used it at WDW since.

I mainly use my phone camera for pics at WDW now.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
04-01-2012, 07:10 PM
I forgot to add that with my Canon, you manually lift the flash up and it takes GREAT photos in dark places without even needing the flash up. Such as Pirates. Love it!