PDA

View Full Version : Rain Forest Cafe - DTD or AK

mook3y
03-31-2012, 06:27 PM
Is there much of a difference between the Rain Forest Cafe at DTD vs AK?

We will be at AK the night we are going to eat there, so either is an option. However, the times availalbe at AK would work a little better for our family.

TIA!

EeyoresBestFriend
03-31-2012, 08:22 PM
We ate at both last fall and our little group of 9 thought the DTD location food was better (seemed fresher made) and the service was nicer. The one at Animal Kingdom was fine, but if I had to choose ~ it would be DTD.

:thumbsup:

Keneva
04-05-2012, 08:02 PM
We have DD 10 and DS 6. We always eat at AK RFC after spending the morning in the park. Nice and air conditioned! The food is good (nothing special) but it's a great place to relax and the kids like it when the animals move and make noise. I like it (cold beer) and my wife likes it for the shopping. Everyones happy here! Don't know about DTD. :beer::chef::fan::shop::chewy:

Tinkerbella16
04-06-2012, 10:02 AM
I've eaten at both, and I don't really remember there being any difference in food or ambiance. But I do prefer the DTD one over AK.. only because we don't spend much time in AK and we have been staying at Port Orleans the last 2 trips and found the boat to DTD much more nice and convenient.. I love DTD at night time so I'd prefer that Rainforest Cafe. :mickey:

DNS
04-06-2012, 03:09 PM
We have eaten at both and everything seemed the same to us except crowds. The one at AK always seems less crowded and there are so few table service restaurants at AK.