PDA

View Full Version : Day 1- March 30th

MDcar1
03-30-2012, 10:05 PM
IPADS are really great, nice and portable so I can post day by day happenings daily instead of waiting to get home and trying to remember, and they fit nicely in the rooms safe.
OK, so day one, here we go.
I got up really early, 5am, too excited to sleep. Went out to the diner for breakfast, then off to the airport. Five minute wait at security, got myself patted down because of my pacemaker, no big deal. Plane took off on time and landed 20 minutes EARLY...WOW. no problem getting to and using magical express. The bus wasnt even half full, I said to myself ummm I wonder if the parks are gonna be like this. Got to All Star Sports, went on those special line you go on if you've checked in on-line, 1 2 3 easy peasy, 2 minutes later we're in our room. Rooms nice, nuff said about that, it's a room.
We had ADR's at prime time, so we headed over there, by now it's 230-300. 10 minute wait for the bus, again, not full and off we went. Arrived at Hollywood studios headed immediately over to tower of terror , 20 min wait., then headed over to beauty and the beast show, then showed up 1/2 hour early for dinner and got seated right away. After dinner went on the great American movie ride, no wait. We then saw the Ariel under the sea show, again, not wait, got right in. The park was emptying out at 9pm.
The crowd level was nothing like what I was expecting, kind of empty actually.
Maybe it's a travel day for many, I hope not though.
Our hotel is filled w/teenagers, I think there's a lacrosse thing going on, a lot of teams. Tonight will be interesting.
Bye Bye for now, tomorrow, MAgic Kingdom
Mindy

mydisneygirls
03-30-2012, 10:30 PM
I hope the crowds stay light your entire trip!!! Have a great time. Read your post from yesterday....Happy Birthday to DH...and look forward to reading more!!!!

SBETigg
03-31-2012, 12:08 AM
Love my iPad! Glad you had light crowds, feel like I keep reading about high crowd levels. Thanks for reporting!

vizsla
03-31-2012, 05:56 AM
Thanks for the report.

faline
03-31-2012, 03:00 PM
Hope you find the crowds stay low for you!

Dopey's Girl
03-31-2012, 08:41 PM
I'm replying on my iPad. Love it!

Great first day!

MississippiDisneyFreak
04-04-2012, 10:29 AM
Light crowds, nice

shadowden
04-04-2012, 11:28 AM
Sounds like a nice first day. Hope the crowds stay light for you!

Tinkerbella16
04-04-2012, 02:57 PM
Sounds like a great first day! I know exactly what teenagers you are talking about at the hotel.. our towns High School was on their Senior Trip from March 27-31, and they stayed at All Star Sports.

emerzmom
04-04-2012, 03:47 PM
I really love my iPad. Thanks for the report. I am surprised to hear the crowds are low. Lucky you!