PDA

View Full Version : Amtrak Question

WLGirl
03-30-2012, 07:53 PM
We are thinking of taking the train down to Orlando. Does anybody know how far the station is from WDW? Also about how much would it cost for a taxi to Port Orleans Riverside/or WDW in general?

Katzateer
03-31-2012, 09:18 AM
Not too sure of distance of Amtrak but the hotel taxi trips seemed kinda expensive to me. We changed resorts 2times one trip and it was over $10 for a short ride between resorts. But with luggage didn't have a choice

Ian
03-31-2012, 09:19 AM
Not too sure of distance of Amtrak but the hotel taxi trips seemed kinda expensive to me. We changed resorts 2times one trip and it was over $10 for a short ride between resorts. But with luggage didn't have a choiceWere they Disney resorts?

Because, if so, Disney will move your luggage for you for free.

To the OP, I think Amtrak takes you into Orlando, which is about 20 miles or so from WDW. That would be a pretty pricey cab ride for sure, but you might be able to find a cheap shuttle or something. I'd be surprised if there wasn't one running from the station to WDW.

Katzateer
03-31-2012, 11:02 AM
Were they Disney resorts?

Because, if so, Disney will move your luggage for you free.

Seriously?? :(. At least I will know that if I have to do that again.

That Vacation was a little strange -3resorts in 7 days, all on Disney property.

Thanks!

Scar
03-31-2012, 12:17 PM
The Kissimmee station is closer. About 10 miles away.

olivegirl
04-01-2012, 09:19 AM
We are taking Amtrack from Philadlphia to Kississimee one week from today!!!! :thumbsup: Kiss. is closer of the two to Disney for sure!! Meers flat rate to our resort, All Star Movies is $45. We are also going to make a pit stop at a grocery store to pick up some odds and ends before getting dropped off! This is our first train ride!!!