PDA

View Full Version : September Trip

redleg96
03-30-2012, 03:20 PM
Heading to WDW in SEP (shortly after Labor Day). Never been during this time and wanted to know what to expect:
-Weather
-Crowds
-Seasonal 'must dos'
Looking forward to our trip; already counting down :)

Belle of the Ball 051411
03-30-2012, 03:25 PM
The crowds should be light since kids are all back in school. It will probably be hot and humid and you should expect some rain (still hurricane season). The rain showers probably won't last that long though, just spotty (unless of course there is a hurricane). Weather permitting, it should be a nice trip!

zipadeedoodah
03-30-2012, 05:00 PM
We are going the week after labor day as well...and I love this time of year at the world! Crowds are light, and we've always had a great time. Weather can be very hot and humid, though so plan for that.

Here's a tip for this time of year. The Not-So-Scary Halloween Party is going on, on select nights. If you do not plan on attending this special-ticketed event at MK you can still watch the HalloWishes special night time fireworks display - (which is an AMAZING show, by the way!) We generally make dining reservations at Narcoossees on that evening, and watch the show from the restaurant's balcony after dinner! They play the music through the speakers on the balcony, so its the next best thing to being at the party itself. Of course, you can also choose other locations, such as California Grill, etc. :thumbsup:

mc mouse
03-31-2012, 08:45 PM
We used to go in June, then May, then November, then October, now September. September is now my (and my family's) favorite time of the year to go (the last four years running). The weather is still hot and humid (with some rain of course), but the lower crowd levels more than compensate. Crowds are very manageable, but there will still be long waits for some of the more popular attractions (think Soarin and Toy Story Mania). And depending on when you go in September, you may have to deal with some "love bugs". They don't harm you, but can be a bit annoying. We're going back September 23 (POFQ) and can't wait! Have fun!

slottedpig
03-31-2012, 08:52 PM
We did our first Sep trip in 2011 after years of May and March and I loved it. Crowds were much less than I was used to and the heat and humidity could be managed with smart planning -- i.e. get an early start and hit your pool or a nap during the worst of it. Expect a late afternoon shower every day. Plan a very late lunch, early dinner, or happy hour -- whatever works for you. Enjoy.

Tinkerbella16
04-01-2012, 11:06 PM
We used to go in June, then May, then November, then October, now September. September is now my (and my family's) favorite time of the year to go (the last four years running). The weather is still hot and humid (with some rain of course), but the lower crowd levels more than compensate. Crowds are very manageable, but there will still be long waits for some of the more popular attractions (think Soarin and Toy Story Mania). And depending on when you go in September, you may have to deal with some "love bugs". They don't harm you, but can be a bit annoying. We're going back September 23 (POFQ) and can't wait! Have fun!

See ya there! I'll also be going Sept 23 at POFQ!! I usually travel in november but I wanted to try Sept this time.. I can't wait!!

TiggerDeb
04-02-2012, 11:49 AM
September is our fav time to go. The weather is still hot and humid, rain showers that only last about 20 minutes, the crowds are lighter, and the kids are all back at school. Next trip September 2013.:mickey: