PDA

View Full Version : I'd like some help with a plan of action 1 adult 2 kids

Jessie
03-30-2012, 10:52 AM
I linked yesterday to a post I made in September venting about our horrible first family vacation to WDW. We got to spend a total of 4 hours in the park. It was my DH, me, DD1, DD2 and DS. The very first day there (DD1's Bday) she got a stomach bug and it proceeded to make it's way through the whole family.

So, all my girls got to go on/see was Peter Pan, Mickey's PhilharMagic, It's a Small World and PotC. #firstworldproblems :laughing:

We're going back this May(just me and the girls) and we'll have two full days in the parks. Unfortunately they will be back to back. I would prefer they not be, but that's just how this quick trip will work out. I know my oldest really wants to do MK and has the youngest all on board for that. So I'm thinking about splitting MK up between those two days. What would be the best course of action in splitting that up?

Some more info on us:
Me: Mom ;)
DD1 6
DD2: 3 turning 4 on the first full day there
Flying down May 12th.
Staying at Pop.
No dining program (not sure if I should add in a quick service or not)
No ADRS any where
No special needs

This is more of a wwYd if you had 2 days at MK with children. How would you split it up?

TIA!:mickey:

sara114
03-30-2012, 09:09 PM
I would just let the children do what they wanted in Magic Kingdom for both days. With their ages, I am sure it is all about the princesses ! Take time and try not to push them to see everything. Take time to enjoy ice cream while waiting for the parade ! This will be such a special time for you all.
Don't worry about ADR - just eat quick service at the time they are hungry. Reservations just make you stick to a schedule. This vacation while short should be something that you look back on and see how much fun you had.
I would encourage either leaving the parks early evening the first night and swimming with an early bedtime. Then staying late the last night for the evening parade and fireworks.

Janmac
03-31-2012, 01:19 PM
What would I do? I'd get a stroller for sure. As much for hauling around stuff as for letting a kid ride occasionally for a rest.

Also I would be at the park at rope drop. Head for Dumbo. I'd tell the kids, this is it for Dumbo until the next day.

I like what Sara said about early the first night and fireworks, etc., the second night.

Your girls may like leaving the park mid afternoon for a ride around on the monorail - if it's running in the afternoons then. You could get off at the Poly and see the Atrium and perhaps have a snack at counter service there.

Then ride the monorail back around to MK.

Kids like to do things repeatedly. Some rides are easier to repeat than others. I would have a rule about how long a wait is too long. And perhaps a list of alternatives, if all the lines get long.

Mickey's Philharmagic is a must.

What else I'd do is make an ADR for Crystal Palace as close to 8 am as I could get, on a morning that the park opens at 9. I think your kids would love seeing the characters in the restaurant and doing the parade. On your first morning, with an It's my birthday button, should be magical for your DDs.

And then you'd be a bit closer to Dumbo.

I would also familiarize myself with the MK map as much as I could before I left home. :D I'd note bathrooms, and food service locations.

What we do for MK is do Adventureland and Frontierland on one day and then do Fantasyland and Tomorrowland on the second day. And then repeats on the third morning.

In your case, I think I'd pick two or three - get with your 6 yr old on this - attractions in each land and go with that. Maybe Aladdin's Magic Carpet, Tiki Birds and Pirates in Adventureland, etc. Then repeats your second day.

Jan