PDA

View Full Version : First time using Magical Express

Jessie
03-29-2012, 10:36 AM
After our horrible first WDW family vacation trip last September (http://intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=185778) I'm planning a small trip this May with just my daughters. We'll celebrate my youngest turning 4 and we plan on only spending two days in the parks and then back home.

Anyway, we're flying down (something I have never done...ever. As in I've never flown). So I have no idea how to find ME or how it works with our luggage. Do I tip? Do I tell them where I'm going or do they already know and I just tell them my name? Do I unload my luggage or do they do that at the hotel? Any advice? What about when it's time to go home? Do they pick up and leave at set intervals?

ETA: How sad is it that I've been a member here since 2000 and I don't know the answer to these things. I joined this board when I was 17! No kids! My how times have changed. I need to spend more time here. :)

sherriepaul
03-29-2012, 10:43 AM
Last year when we went to WDW, I booked everything through Disney. I booked Magical Express with them as well. When I got sent all the information and tags and such a few weeks in advance, all the information was in there. You can't show up at the airport and decide to take ME. You have to notify them in advance. But it was very easy to find didn't have to wait long at all, the bus was air conditioned, our driver was pretty funny, and they showed some videos and cartoons on the bus for adults and kids. I would completely recommend this service. :thumbsup:It's free why not?!?!?!

I think we did tip, just because he was joking around and made it fun and personable! When you go to the ME area they look at the tickets that Disney gives you it has on there where you are going and they direct you to specific lines/sections based on which resort you are going to. I think there was 3 different hotels on the bus we were on, we made one short stop and then it was our turn! Whatever carry ons you had on the plane you bring with you. They can put on the bus or beneath the bus for you. When you get off at your stop they will unload anything you had beneath. Your checked luggage will come later to the hotel and arrive in your room!

To get back to airport we waited in a separate area for ME pickup. Pick up time was 3 hours before your flight. It's a little early but they would rather be safe than sorry. WE had lunch/snack there at the airport and then we were ready to board!

Jessie
03-29-2012, 10:46 AM
Yeah I had planned on booking through Disney and adding on their ground transportation via ME. I wasn't sure what happened after that. Thanks for the extra info! That helps a lot!:mickey:

badkitty
03-29-2012, 11:05 AM
If you don't use the yellow ME tags or if your flight arrival is too late in the evening, you will need to collect your own bags and carry them with you to the bus. The package you receive before departure should explain.

A day or two before you depart your resort, you will receive a letter from ME with departure information.

The ME drivers are not Disney employees so I typically tip.

I love using ME.

Wolf
03-29-2012, 03:51 PM
:mickey:Okay I don't love flying but its really not that bad and wayyyyy faster, yes when you get to your airport you will give them your luggage with your yellow tags disney is going to mail you attached but don't make it so TSA can't open your suit case. You will just have to handle your carry on stuff and the little ones stuff. The magical express people will get it then bring it to your hotel and drop it off in your room, you don't have to be there, what we do is take any changes in clothes we will want in our carry on and a tooth brush etc so we can just brush teeth and head to a park. You can get in whenever and your stuff will be there (After 3 hours I mean, thats only cause they need time to bring it from airport and drop it off with your hotel) When you get your packet for your trip (I think it comes like a month before you leave) its going to have a map in the booklet and when you get to the airport you can always ask for help, out of the 6 times we've done the Magical Express we have had to ask for help at least twice and both times people have walked us at least 60% of the way. I promise its not stressful and SOOOOOO much better than navigating that terrible traffic in a rental...Nightmares from my 03 trip still haunt me sometimes.
I don't have kids so I'm not sure how you check them in at a airport but someone here will have that info, I know you will need your drivers liscense and alot of airlines have apps now you can use, we used a travelocity or priceline (I forget which I'm sorry) app last time and they would text me as soon as we landed about which gate our next flight was coming out of. It was nifty they might all do that now, I'm not sure. I hope you have an amazing trip!!!!! :mickey:

Jessie
03-29-2012, 03:58 PM
If you don't use the yellow ME tags or if your flight arrival is too late in the evening, you will need to collect your own bags and carry them with you to the bus. The package you receive before departure should explain.

A day or two before you depart your resort, you will receive a letter from ME with departure information.

The ME drivers are not Disney employees so I typically tip.

I love using ME.

What's a typical average for a tip?

Alaska Disney Fan
03-29-2012, 09:42 PM
just a couple bucks is good, we usually do 3 or 4 depending on how many bags we have.