PDA

View Full Version : Will the Queen's Witch Form Appear in 7 Dwarfs Coaster

Super Ninja
03-28-2012, 10:27 AM
I'm just going to say I want her to appear. Mostly because I'm tired of hearing online moms complaining about her being too "scary" in a ride titled "Scary Adventures." Over-protective parents are soooo annoying. Would be kind of of a cop-out if the witch wasn't in there imo. I would also like to see the "mirror-scene" reproduced at some point in the dark ride elements.

DizneyFreak2002
03-28-2012, 11:09 AM
No... she is not going to appear.... In fact, the only time you are going to see Snow White is when you are exiting the ride and can look into the Dwarfs' cottage... Snow isn't in the ride either...

Mendelson
03-28-2012, 12:59 PM
I think there's a difference between over protective and simply feeling blindsided.

The ride has "scary" in the title, true, but I think most people think that at WDW "scary" is relative and that while the ride might have some ominous tones is not literally going to scare their kids. And I think parents get on the ride and are shocked and saddened when they find it frightens their child and I think they feel a bit betrayed by a company that promises family fun.

Mind you, I'm not defending them. If you've done no research, ignore the signs (I think there are some warning signs, correct?), etc and get on and then are upset that you're kid is crying, you take some of the blame. But I do think the ride has always been an odd part of the park the way it's conceived, and it didn't help anything when they toned it down a bit several years ago.

Super Ninja
03-28-2012, 01:08 PM
I think there's a difference between over protective and simply feeling blindsided.

The ride has "scary" in the title, true, but I think most people think that at WDW "scary" is relative and that while the ride might have some ominous tones is not literally going to scare their kids. And I think parents get on the ride and are shocked and saddened when they find it frightens their child and I think they feel a bit betrayed by a company that promises family fun.

Mind you, I'm not defending them. If you've done no research, ignore the signs (I think there are some warning signs, correct?), etc and get on and then are upset that you're kid is crying, you take some of the blame. But I do think the ride has always been an odd part of the park the way it's conceived, and it didn't help anything when they toned it down a bit several years ago.

It's not that scary at all really. It's pretty tame. I'm sorry, but these parents need to get over themselves and realize the fact their child got frightened by a cartoony witch on a ride is not "harmful." If we listened to this kind of brain-melting political correctness, they would tear down the Haunted Mansion and all the other rides in the park, which are more intense.

They weren't blindsided by anything. It's a scary dark ride. It's obvious. Something similar is in every county fair in the country. Being an ignorant isn't an excuse. On the same note, I could say they should stop selling beer because I gave it to my child without knowing there is alcohol in it. Although, that's an incorrect parallel considering this ride is absolutely harmless and exploring emotions such as fear in a safe environment can actually be helpful to a child's development. I think over-protective parents actually harm their children more than anything else.

shadowden
03-29-2012, 11:27 AM
Directly from the WDW website description for the ride; first bullet:

Guest Policies

-This attraction may be frightening for children.

Hard to justify not knowing...

Ian
03-29-2012, 07:51 PM
Parent of four kids ... don't see what the hoopla about it being scary is all about. All four of our kids have gone on it since birth and none of them are mentally scarred for life. ;)

shadowden
03-29-2012, 08:15 PM
Parent of four kids ... don't see what the hoopla about it being scary is all about. All four of our kids have gone on it since birth and none of them are mentally scarred for life. ;)

Agreed.

Fastpasssteve
04-12-2012, 12:07 AM
Part of life is realizing that one needs to deal with scary incidents...and then knowing that even though it was scary, one survives and gets stronger. It is a warning about life as it proceeds. It makes me wonder if people understand the nature and purpose of fairytales at all. ???

paragon
04-12-2012, 07:00 AM
Never thought of Snow White as very scary, now Its a Small World however is an entirely different story!! (still gives me the shivers!!-those singing dolls are so frightening!!!)

Mousemates
04-12-2012, 10:40 AM

:ditto:

Ms. Mode
04-12-2012, 12:28 PM
Part of life is realizing that one needs to deal with scary incidents...and then knowing that even though it was scary, one survives and gets stronger. It is a warning about life as it proceeds. It makes me wonder if people understand the nature and purpose of fairytales at all. ???

These are the same parents that take their children to an R rated movie...because they want to go and don't want to pay a babysitter....just saying...:blush:

DisneyOtaku
04-15-2012, 06:45 PM
I remember being spooked by her when I was little, but not to the point of OMG I AM TRAMATIZED FOR LIFE. And there ARE warning signs saying as such--if they want to ignore them and deal with a screaming child, then that is their issue.

As for the coaster, I assumed it was going to take on the theme of the mine shaft--so, no real place for the Witch (or Snow, for that matter) to show up.

Buttercup
04-15-2012, 11:20 PM
I'm gonna just say that I don't think we should belittle parents who are worried Snow White is too scary for their kids. We don't need to resort to putting down people who are just looking out for their little ones, do we?

I think it's pretty clear that a ride entitled the "Haunted Mansion" would include some typically scary things for children. So it's obvious that parents of easily frightened children won't be going in there. But a ride that is simply called "Snow White's Adventures" can be misleading, since Snow White is usually portrayed as a pretty Disney princess... tra la la la la! :princess: Some little kids (and their parents) who might be expecting a happy little princess ride would be pretty shocked at what they find in there.

THAT's why they need to call it "Snow White's Scary Adventures" and include all of the warnings. Because look at it from a 3 year old's perspective: there's a screaming princess they normally only see smiling and happy on Disney posters, but here she's running blindly through a lightening storm lost in a forest of peering eyes, when suddenly a haggard old witch suddenly turns around with her arms raised ominously like she's gonna get ya...

I'm not saying it would scar any kids for life but it sure would make the rest of the trip annoying when your kid is afraid to go on ANY more rides for fear that it's going to be like Snow White.

So I think the warnings are a good thing! Now, because the new ride is going to be a rollercoaster, I expect there will be a height requirement and therefore only larger kids will be riding it, so it wouldn't be so terrible for them to see the witch.

But please don't put down other parents because they're worried about their kids being scared.
:twocents:

For what it's worth, my 7yo son who is brave enough for Tower of Terror and Space Mountain, still cries when we ask if he'll go on Haunted Mansion. He's absolutely horrified about the idea even though he's been on it many times as a young toddler. He also won't go on Snow White either because he's afraid of what he'll see. I would hope you wouldn't personally tell me to "get over myself" simply because I won't force my crying 7 year old on something as ridiculous as a ride.

DizneyFreak2002
04-15-2012, 11:59 PM
I remember being spooked by her when I was little, but not to the point of OMG I AM TRAMATIZED FOR LIFE. And there ARE warning signs saying as such--if they want to ignore them and deal with a screaming child, then that is their issue.

As for the coaster, I assumed it was going to take on the theme of the mine shaft--so, no real place for the Witch (or Snow, for that matter) to show up.

From what I read, and take these with grains of salt please, that you'll only see Snow when you exit the ride and walk past the cottage... Other than that, one scene in the ride will be, or should be, the Dwarfs mining, and the other is a mine with shiny diamonds...

shadowden
04-16-2012, 01:19 PM
Never thought of Snow White as very scary, now Its a Small World however is an entirely different story!! (still gives me the shivers!!-those singing dolls are so frightening!!!)

It's the singing clowns in the balloon during the final scene that always creep me out!