PDA

View Full Version : Character Breakfast

Jim&AngieMarriner
03-28-2012, 09:40 AM
Hey gang.
Wanted the latest info on Character Dining Breakfast style. Who has experienced this recently and what characters did you see there? I know that the CP has the Pooh characters all the time but what about the other character breakfast places like Chef Mickey and 1900 park faire.

Thanks.

TinkerbellT421
03-28-2012, 09:56 AM
I love 1900 Park Fare, we got to have breakfast with Mary Poppins (my favorite!) Alice from Alice in Wonderland, Mad Hatter who was a riot, one of the Fairy Godmothers (can't remember which one). The food was delicious! Characters were very interactive with everyone and each other!

Chef Mickey's was the usual set of characters, Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Goofy, etc. The food was okay, nothing I would write home about lol Fun and enjoyable but not a must-do in our near future.

I know you didn't mention it but the character breakfast at the Swan as far as characters go was just awful. They take out one character at a time for ten or fifteen minutes each character. The interaction was very rushed even with the 12 people that were there dinning. It was like "okay snap a picture, bye see ya!" Very disappointing. The food was delicious, but if you are going for characters, this one isn't it.

My favorite and hoping to return is Akershus in Epcot. It's awesome to be able to enter Epcot before anyone else, great picture opportunities without the crowds. The character interaction was great, loved the food. The characters were the princesses, a free picture also comes with the meal. We had Belle, Ariel, Mulan, Cinderella, Jasmine, Snow White, and someone else that I am completely blanking out on.

AgentC
03-28-2012, 10:09 AM
Ohana's is one of my favorites. Breakfast has Mickey, Pluto, Stitch and Lilo. It is a family style not a buffet, so if you want more variety, it may not be for you. They serve a Hawaiin bread, sausage, eggs, breakfast potatoes, bacon, fruit and most importantly, Mickey waffles.

We also enjoy Cape May which is a buffet with Goofy, Minnie, and Donald in beach wear.

I also really like Tusker House. The buffet has some special things with an African flair. There is a picture with Donald. Mickey, Goofy and Daisy come to the table in safari wear. Once when we went Minnie was there as well, but not on our last visit in December.