PDA

View Full Version : Going to WDW for a work conference

meldan98
03-27-2012, 05:45 PM
We (meaning hubby and I) have an opportunity to attend a conference for work at WDW, and we are trying to think about how much time we would actually get at the parks once the meeting starts. For example, the conference is Sunday, Monday and Tuesday and I have to be there on Sunday to set up our booth. I was thinking that we would arrive on Friday (red eye - maybe) and then go to Harry Potter on Friday and then on Saturday get a 1 day park hopper and go and do all of the things we enjoy doing without kids. Then spend the evenings explore one or two parks in the evenings (with the discount tickets offered for those attending conferences) or heading to Downtown Disney. We don't get to WDW often and have only gone together once without kids (our honeymoon :blush:).

Any tips and/or suggestions?

faline
03-27-2012, 06:33 PM
Tough question to answer. If you're "on" all day - working a booth, you might be pretty tired to time your day is done. I'd take it day by day. Seems to me it might be a bit tough to do both Universal and Disney with just a couple of days of free time - I'd probably stick with just Disney.

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-29-2012, 10:03 AM
Yea! Visiting Disney on a work trip - I have to get my boss to let me do that :)

But, like Faline said, make sure you're not too super tired, so you don't enjoy any part of the trip.

You could, do Universal on the weekend, and then (depending on when the conference is over each day), enjoy Disney in the evenings, a park a night, doing your "must-do" attractions, maybe dessert, just soaking up the Disney atmosphere.

mydisneygirls
03-29-2012, 10:29 AM
I agree with Faline. I think trying to do both would be too much and would just stick with Disney and getting the 1 day PH.