PDA

View Full Version : Personalized kid tags for clothes

DizNee143
03-26-2012, 01:35 PM
Has anyone bought/got/used the information labels for kids clothing if they get lost?
I want to get or do something like that for my daughter in May when we go..but I was hoping to get some feedback and advice and if someone could reccomendications a website or store to get them at.
Thanx! :mickey:

TexansInNY
03-26-2012, 02:02 PM
We place them on our son who is autistic..I would not buy any though just make your on - we do and they work well enough..I can even send you our template if you like.

BrerGnat
03-26-2012, 07:22 PM
They are a good idea if your child can't communicate. However, do know that the CMs at all the parks are very well versed in how to deal with lost children. Even if your child can't talk, they will get the child to a place where they can radio in a description. Whenever a child is lost, there is an adult looking for him/her, and strict procedures in place, so it's not like getting lost in a big city or something.

I have never used any sort of ID on my kids, who are both autistic. I've seen plenty of CMs dealing with lost kids, though, so I am 100% confident in their abilities in that area. :)

disneynarula
03-27-2012, 08:06 AM
I would try to avoid anything with a name on it. We usually make a temporary laminated card for their pockets that has our cell phone and the name of the resort we are staying in case the cell phone does not work.

Disney is really good at finding "lost parents" all CM are trained on what to do.

BrerGnat
03-27-2012, 06:51 PM
It might also be worth mentioning, CMs don't have access to telephones with which to call you if they find your child. All lost children are taken to a "lost children/lost parents" designated location in each park/downtown Disney if a parent hasn't been found within, like 10 minutes, in the immediate area. CM's use radios to communicate, so if a CM finds your child, and he/she doesn't have a radio, they will find the nearest CM that DOES have a radio to relay the description of the lost child to a central location.

The procedure in place does not include calling parents cell phones, FYI.

If you lose your child, find a CM with a radio. They will be the most helpful.

DizNee143
03-28-2012, 10:29 AM
Thanx for the help!
I personally find that to be real stupid..but then again as much as I love and obess over Disney there are many things I don't get and can't stand!
Parents can get there kids so quick if they just call them!!!!!!!!
I don't know if we'll even go through with the tags..but it's our first time going with our daughter and I rather not take an chances with the thousands of million of people that will be there also..