PDA

View Full Version : Cape May Cafe......

olivegirl
03-25-2012, 03:02 PM
Will be in Disney in 13 days :cloud9::cloud9:!! We have ressies for Cape May Cafe. We have never eaten here and was looking for some opinions!!!

LandFan
03-25-2012, 03:44 PM
I can't comment on this personally because DH is allergic to seafood so we have never eaten here but some great friends of ours who go to Disney multiple times every year used to LOVE it and they stay at Beach Club all the time. Well the last few times they have complained that there are fewer options and the quality has gone down and they actually got really sick after eating there one of their trips a year or so ago so now they won't eat there anymore.

Maybe some others will have better info for you - sorry if I made you :( but Disney has so many great offerings I thought you might want to know.:shrug:

Disney4us2
03-25-2012, 04:01 PM
We loved Cape May Cafe. Plan to return on our next trip. Love that there is more than seafood. There is carved meats, BBQ, salads. Love their garlic dinner rolls...just seem to melt in the mouth. They also have the Oreo bonbon's.

WIMickeymommy
03-25-2012, 07:11 PM
We love Cape May, my DH for the clam bake. It is a must do on our ressies each visit. Even if you don't like seafood, there are items for you. I don't think you will regret it.:mickey:

DizneyRox
03-25-2012, 07:49 PM
I concur, quality and selection ave gone downhill. Price is gone nothing ut up as well. Not sure if we'll go back, there are better/cheaper meals on property.

It's not horrible, but don't expect a New England style clambake. It's a far cry from that.

Zippy 1
03-25-2012, 08:38 PM
We had a great meal there in February. The food was hot and fresh! They have awesome clam chowder:thumbsup: We will be going back on our next trip:mickey:

MyDisneyworld
03-26-2012, 11:48 AM
We went here in October for the first time and enjoyed it. My daughter who was 6 at the time had so many plates of claims she got a stomach ache from over eating. We will be going back on our trip this year in October. They do have a good mix of food so all should be happy. My only complaint is the layout is narrow so sometimes it's hard to get through and there was butter spilled all over the floor making it slippery.
Enjoy.....

buzznwoodysmom
03-26-2012, 11:56 AM
We have eaten at Cape May 3 times in the past. Our last time at Cape May was in December and we were very disappointed. The price has increased a lot, and the quality of food had decreased dramatically in our opinion. I didn't think this meal was worth the price tag that came with it. I don't know that we'll be back, at least not for a very, very long time. It just wasn't worth the cost.

TinkerbellT421
03-26-2012, 12:30 PM
DBF and I go, and we pretty much go for everything except the seafood! lol. Being from New England, Cape May offering it as a "New England Style Clam Bake" is a far stretch. It is not even close to a Clam Bake, just saying lol.

BUT, we go every trip, it is a must do for us. They have all sorts of good food there. It is on the pricy side but we enjoy it. I wouldn't go with expectations of having seafood like we get here in New England, it is far from that. Their version of clams is our version of illegal "cherry stones" (when I say illegal, they do not meet our state law required sizes, yes they are that small there, lol) in our area lol aren't even worth the trouble of cracking open. But all the other offerings are top notch, love the carving station. The pasta dishes they serve are always very good, we have had different variations of seafood linguini or seafood penne, with the scallops, crab meat, lobster meat in the pastas, etc. Last time we went the fried calamari was delicious. But those separate dish vary on a night by night basis.

Again, we enjoy it. It is pricey. Just don't go with high expectations of a real clambake.

renecat
03-27-2012, 09:59 AM
Have eaten breakfast and dinner here. One of our favorites.

RAIDER
03-28-2012, 08:47 AM
You will really enjoy it , the foods is great and the atmosphere is fun :thumbsup:

ChipDale2708
03-28-2012, 04:05 PM
We have always gone here for the character breakfast and love it. Last year we tried the clambake and were not disappointed. It was the one meal of the trip I would have eaten again. Yes it is pricey, but we were very happy with the food choices - I am not a seafood person at all and there was more than enough to make me extremely happy. We have our ADR's for May and are looking forward to it! :)

phlo8810
03-28-2012, 07:06 PM
Breakfast is great there. Had dinner there once and was very disappointed. We are giving it another shot in May because we are staying there. The first time the clams were very sandy and everything else was blah.

DisneyDog
03-28-2012, 08:11 PM
Cape May Cafe has a special place in my heart. I had never tried mussels before. I thought they would taste like clams, which I'm not huge on. DH talked me into trying one, and now they are my absolute favorite food. Every time I eat a mussel, I think of Cape May Cafe.

DVC2004
03-29-2012, 11:29 AM
We enjoy it alot. This is one of the few places my teens ask to go back to. It is pricey, but you can eat as much as you want (dinner). I think the food is very good and I've never had a bad or even so-so experience here. They have the little buckets you can fill with clams or mussels, and flavored butters to dunk in. Mmm-mmm! We did do the breakfast way back when the kids were little and it was a character breakfast, and I remember that it was not real crowded so the kids got alot of attention from the characters. We don't do the character dining any more so can't comment on any recent breakfast there.

Going2HeavenRU
03-31-2012, 07:49 PM
DH and I went there for dinner last Nov and LOVED it! We have made our reservations for our next trip this Sept. The crab legs were fresh and wonderful. Definitely go there for dinner.

mydisneygirls
04-03-2012, 10:39 AM
I have been trying to make a reservation for Sept 30th here for the past 2 weeks. The online system won't allow me, so I called Disney Dining directly. I was told that they haven't released the menu yet so that is why reservations can't be made. Anyone else having trouble with making a reservation for the end of Sept? Has anyone been able to make one for any of Sept/Oct?

TinkerbellT421
04-03-2012, 11:46 AM
I have been trying to make a reservation for Sept 30th here for the past 2 weeks. The online system won't allow me, so I called Disney Dining directly. I was told that they haven't released the menu yet so that is why reservations can't be made. Anyone else having trouble with making a reservation for the end of Sept? Has anyone been able to make one for any of Sept/Oct?

:confused::confused::confused:
I am extremely confused. As menu has nothing to do with being able to make a reservation. As any menu can change at any point in time. So whether or not their menu today would even be the same as a month from now nevermind September. That sounds very conspicuous to me. Was it the dinning line that told you that? What date are you trying to make the ressie for?

mydisneygirls
04-03-2012, 11:56 AM
I am confused as well!!!!! Yes it was the dining line!!!! I have called them 3 times and this is the first time I've been told that it may be because they haven't released the "menu." She told me Le Cellier has also had this issue (for lunch only).

Every time I try online, for a split second I get a confirmation page but then it goes away and I get an error message. It's very frustrating. The date is Sept 30th....well after the refurb dates!!!!

mom2morgan
04-03-2012, 12:11 PM
I JUST tried for that date and had NO problem - and I have a reservantion for le Cellier just a few days before that. WEIRD!!

I am confused as well!!!!! Yes it was the dining line!!!! I have called them 3 times and this is the first time I've been told that it may be because they haven't released the "menu." She told me Le Cellier has also had this issue (for lunch only).

Every time I try online, for a split second I get a confirmation page but then it goes away and I get an error message. It's very frustrating. The date is Sept 30th....well after the refurb dates!!!!

mydisneygirls
04-03-2012, 12:21 PM
I JUST tried....no luck! I'm going to call them again. This is just BIZARRE!!!!!

TinkerbellT421
04-03-2012, 01:10 PM
I have been trying to make a reservation for Sept 30th here for the past 2 weeks.

I can understand why it wouldn't let you make a reservation for the past two weeks because your 180 day isn't until today. So you wouldn't have been able to make one prior to today, but based on my math you should be able to make one day.....

In my previous post, I also meant to mention that Cape May doesn't even have a menu in general.

mydisneygirls
04-03-2012, 02:44 PM
No, we check in on the 22nd so the 180 day mark has passed. I have all other ADR's booked. I'm on the phone with Disney now and they can't figure out what's going on.

When you tried and made a reservation, did you get a confirmation number?

TinkerbellT421
04-03-2012, 02:58 PM
No, we check in on the 22nd so the 180 day mark has passed. I have all other ADR's booked. I'm on the phone with Disney now and they can't figure out what's going on.

Ahhh that makes more sense lol I was wondering about that next. So very very bizarre, I am completely befuddled. I tried making a ADR for it, but I do not have a check in date as it's too far in advance for my reservations to tell so it wouldn't allow me to make one yet, just kept saying seating not available for me.

TinkerbellT421
04-03-2012, 03:02 PM
Just got this:
You Requested Cape May Café Date & Time 9/30/2012 4:30 pm Party Size 2 Guests Change Search Options
We searched from 2:30 pm to 6:30 pm. This restaurant has availability at the following times :
5:00 PM