PDA

View Full Version : Anniversary Dinner

Belle_0717
03-24-2012, 09:40 PM
DH & I always try something new for our anniversary dinner. DH thought either Restaurant Marrakesh or the Luau. I don't know that I will like either one. What can you recommend? We've been to a lot of restaurants but there are more that we haven't. Appreciate all recommendations.

mydisneygirls
03-24-2012, 10:37 PM
I would definitely not choose the Luau. See post entitled "Hoop Dee Doo, Mickey's BBQ or Luau???" which is here a few below your post. Have not eat at Marrakesh so can't offer advice. How about Chef de France? Loved this place.

LandFan
03-25-2012, 10:21 AM
How about Coral Reef? You can let them know about the special event and ask to be seated by the window of the tank. We did that for our 5th or 6th anniversary several years ago and it was great! We even got the special personalized menus but I don't think they do that anymore...

I would also suggest Rose & Crown (seated on the patio) during Illuminations or La Hacienda during Illuminations (I haven't eaten here yet but have heard great things about it and they pipe the music inside as well)

Janmac
03-25-2012, 05:09 PM
Have to agree with definitely not the Luau. Service is not that good: everyone - a lot of people - are all eating together.

We eat at Marrakesh every trip. While the food is better sometimes than others, the service has always been awesome. Servers have been very attentive - perhaps because we usually eat about 5:30.

Marrakesh is a fairly large restaurant with, historically, plenty of space between the tables. I can not recall the restaurant ever being crowded.

The first time we ate here I got the lemon chicken and it was divine. Quite tasty. The next time, it was not very lemony at all, and dry. The next time it was better and maybe the lemon chicken will never be as good as the first time, when the surprise of a new taste experience had to add to the memory.

The pastries are awesome too. :blush:

We brought newbies to Marrakesh on our last Disney trip who are conservative in their eating choices. They were uneasy about the food at this restaurant when talking about the restaurant pre-trip. They both had fish and liked their meal, and the restaurant, immensely. They would go back and I think I'm trying the fish next month.

Jan

Kairi_7378
03-25-2012, 05:24 PM
I'd consider CA Grill, Artist Point, Sanaa, Jiko, or Narcoose's for an anniversary dinner.

ftwildernesskid
03-25-2012, 06:36 PM
My parents went to Yachtsman's Steakhouse for their 30th anniversary. They had a wonderful experience, great service and outstanding food.

GoldenDreams
03-25-2012, 11:18 PM
We love Restaurant Marrakesh, so that would be my choice. I like the brochette of chicken, the chicken bastilla, the beef brewat rolls, and the tomato/cucumber salad.

I have not tried the Luau, so I can't comment on that.

Cinderelley
03-29-2012, 09:37 PM
I took someone to The Yachtsman's Steakhouse for their bday dinner one year, and we loved it. Narcoossee's is very nice, and so is The Flying Fish. Have you considered dinner in the castle or California Grill when the fireworks are going on? What types of things do you like? What kind of atmosphere?

CuteAsMinnie
03-29-2012, 10:14 PM
I would like to recommend Chefs de France and Artist Pointe. Both are fantastic.

Fastpasssteve
03-30-2012, 02:55 AM
For an Anniversary Dinner, I would choose someplace more quiet (hard to come by in WDW).

Marrakesh, while having music and being festive with great food, is not quiet or romantic to my way of thinking.

Perhaps Narcoossee's or California Grill would better suit.

I have also enjoyed Citrico's.

I would suggest Le Cellier (great food), but it seems crowded to me.

I hope you have a wonderful dinner in WDW! :marg:

Tygger7
03-30-2012, 10:44 AM
Definitely not the Luau...many, many years ago it was fantastic, but not any more.

My DH & I absolutely love the Yachtsman Steak House at the Yacht Club, followed closely by Artist Point at Wilderness Lodge. Both places are relatively quiet and we've had excellent food & service at both. As others have mentioned, watching Illuminations from the Rose & Crown is wonderful too.

c&d
03-30-2012, 11:55 AM
Artist Point or Victoria and Albert's for a really special dinner.

BrerGnat
03-30-2012, 01:26 PM
CA Grill is loud chaotic.

I like Bluezoo at the Dolphin. It's not a "Disney" restaurant, so it's actually still good. :blush:

buzznwoodysmom
03-30-2012, 02:37 PM
DH and I enjoyed an anniversary dinner at Yachtsman Steakhouse a few years ago. Both service and food were excellent, and the place was very quiet!