PDA

View Full Version : We need a plan! (:

exvagirl
03-24-2012, 11:04 AM
Once I found out about this, I knew I should ask my fellow Intercotees :) So this summer, my family (brother-13, me-16, mom, and dad), plus the family of my mom's two sisters, and her parents, (16 people total) are all going on the Disney Magic for an 8 day cruise :cloud9: Anyway, the itinerary we have takes us to Port Canaveral, with the option to going to WDW for the day :mickey: So here's the question. We'll most likely be taking a 7:30 bus from Port Canaveral to the Magic Kingdom. So #1-about how long is the bus ride would you think? #2-any idea of where they would drop us off at the park? Also, this morning is EMH at MK, so it will be opening at 8 AM. #3-what would be your plan of attack regarding where to go, FPs, and food? Given we are ages 71-4 :) we are not totally against splitting up, because my family has been to WDW MANY times, and everyone else hasn't, but if staying together is possible, we might. Thanks for any advice! :D

faline
03-24-2012, 01:01 PM
According to MapQuest, it'll take you close to 2 hours to travel if there are no other stops along the way. I would suspect that your drop off will be at the Ticket and Transportation Center but don't know this for sure.

Given that there will be an extra magic hour that morning, expect the park to be relatively busy. For such a large group, I'd suggest the group split up by areas of interest - perhaps with the young ones heading to Fantasy Land and the more adventurous group heading to the thrill rides.

If you can, especially for such a large group, I'd suggest a dining reservation. Otherwise, agree to meet up at a particular fast food venue for lunch - perhaps Columbia Harbor House?

Have fun!

minnie04
03-26-2012, 04:28 PM
According to MapQuest, it'll take you close to 2 hours to travel if there are no other stops along the way. I would suspect that your drop off will be at the Ticket and Transportation Center but don't know this for sure.

Given that there will be an extra magic hour that morning, expect the park to be relatively busy. For such a large group, I'd suggest the group split up by areas of interest - perhaps with the young ones heading to Fantasy Land and the more adventurous group heading to the thrill rides.

If you can, especially for such a large group, I'd suggest a dining reservation. Otherwise, agree to meet up at a particular fast food venue for lunch - perhaps Columbia Harbor House?

Have fun!

Ditto !!! Have a great time :mickey:

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-29-2012, 10:26 AM
I also agree, trying keep everyone together would be a nightmare!

I would plan to break off into groups (this may be smaller family groups, or those with similar interests) and have fun. The park will be busy, with EMH, so be prepared and do use FastPass (make sure everyone keeps their ticket with them!) I would make a list of "must-do's" and work through them first, either riding right away or getting a FP. That way, everyone will get the important stuff done, and the rest is bonus.

A late lunch together might be a great way to recap the morning, and "switch groups" if desired :)

Have a great time!

Cinderelley
03-29-2012, 09:42 PM
I second the idea to split it. Our first trip was with a group about that size. We all went to the same park each day and had one sit down meal together. We were constantly running into each other, so the groups would change throughout the day. With a group that big, you may want to consider a magical gathering event. I think that was what they were called. If you really want to stay together, maybe you could do a tour - maybe the Family Magic tour?