PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of people who...

natstroop
03-23-2012, 09:24 PM
Sit down right in the middle of a row for a show after being repeatedly told to move all the way down to the end? We had this experience last time we went for the Nemo Musical. Some folks were blocking us up for a bit because they wouldn't move down. They said they waited in line over an hour and that they were going to sit where they wanted. Everyone had to climb over them. I'm sure they had sore feet and knees by the time everyone got done trampling over them. Anyone else have this experience? Is this acceptable?

joanna71985
03-23-2012, 09:29 PM
Unless told otherwise, it's not allowed (and there usually are announcements to move all the way down). If this happens to me, I'll just stand there until they move

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-23-2012, 09:52 PM
Sam the Eagle: Upon entering the theater, please move as far to the end of the row as possible. Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic.

Enough said.

natstroop
03-23-2012, 09:59 PM
These people were told over and over again to move. The CM was practically screaming into the microphone for these people to move all the way down, but they would not budge. I thought it was pretty rude. There's really not a bad seat in the house anyway.

CleveSJM
03-23-2012, 10:37 PM
Happens too often. Extremely rude. They are miserable people that break the rules and have miserable lives. Pity them. :(

I just stand and point at them calling for a Cast Member. If a CM doesn't move them I step on their feet as I go past them. I'm pretty big and I'm pretty sure they regret stopping in front of me. Two wrongs don't make a right but it makes me feel good. ;):blush:

jbernardis
03-23-2012, 10:38 PM
I agree that in general there's not a bad seat in the house, but if I am trying to improve my chances of sitting in the middle of a row, I hold back BEFORE entering the row until I judge enough people have gone in to get me towards the middle. Sometimes I'll even move forwards or backwards a row based on how full that row happends to be.

wickedgin
03-23-2012, 10:57 PM
Rude, rude, rude.

Sam the Eagle: Upon entering the theater, please move as far to the end of the row as possible. Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic.

Enough said.

I agree with the PP, if you don't want to be on the end, hang back for a second.

Fastpasssteve
03-24-2012, 12:37 AM
I agree that in general there's not a bad seat in the house, but if I am trying to improve my chances of sitting in the middle of a row, I hold back BEFORE entering the row until I judge enough people have gone in to get me towards the middle. Sometimes I'll even move forwards or backwards a row based on how full that row happends to be.

This is a better way to do it, if one feels the need for some discrete jockeying.

Of course, I have the benefit of having been to Disney several times. I can gauge the crowd and where to wait in the 'holding tank' before entering the main theatre.

Mrs Bus Driver
03-24-2012, 10:00 AM
I always hang back, learned to do this when kids were little. To many people rushing to be first thinking it will get them a better seat. Since the show starts at the same time for every one and all the seats are good I'll just hang back and enjoy my vacation thank you :mickey:

Ian
03-24-2012, 10:15 AM
DW is a Disney travel agent and we were actually just talking about this kind of thing last night.

I don't know what it is about some people that makes them feel so entitled. One of her co-workers got a phone call from a woman yesterday screaming at her because all the Fastpasses were gone for Toy Story Mania when she got there and how could they give them all out before she got one, etc. etc. etc. And this kind of thing happens all the time. Another agent got a call the other day from a woman who was absolutely furious that the Cast Members at Magic Kingdom wouldn't let her in at 8AM. She was a resort guest, didn't they understand that?? The agent tried to explain how EMH works and the woman just didn't want to hear it.

I actually gave up even bothering with these people anymore. I realized long ago that if I let the jerks in WDW ruin my vacation I'd never have any fun, because there are just so many of them!

DVC2004
03-24-2012, 11:04 AM
Agree. With some it's about entitlement. "I've been waiting an hour so...". Whatever. I don't really care where I sit anymore for the shows. We also usually hang back. It's always a mad rush when the doors open of rude people pushing and cutting you and your family/kids off. I've had to ask on more than one occassion can I please move past you so I can join the rest of my family (because another person pushed past and got between us, also leaving their family behind). Also add to this the person who gets in line ahead of you alone then waives 10-20 other people in their group up to join them. Please, stay together with your group and get in line together. I don't get why that one person can't go BACK and join the rest of their group. I get it if it's a mom and couple of kids who went to bathroom or got fast passes but I am talking about these large families or groups.

Ian
03-24-2012, 11:37 AM
Also add to this the person who gets in line ahead of you alone then waives 10-20 other people in their group up to join them. Please, stay together with your group and get in line together. I don't get why that one person can't go BACK and join the rest of their group. I get it if it's a mom and couple of kids who went to bathroom or got fast passes but I am talking about these large families or groups.I love those people! :ack:

AmandaChan
03-24-2012, 10:38 PM
This is why I do not hurt myself trying to get through that door first, and I'm sure those people were probably anxious and in enough of a rush to run into the door and where do you go? to the seats right away... down to the very end. they'll learn soon enough. and it's not everyone' else's fault they waited over an hour for a show.

AmandaChan
03-24-2012, 10:42 PM
I don't know what it is about some people that makes them feel so entitled. One of her co-workers got a phone call from a woman yesterday screaming at her because all the Fastpasses were gone for Toy Story Mania when she got there and how could they give them all out before she got one, etc. etc. etc. And this kind of thing happens all the time. Another agent got a call the other day from a woman who was absolutely furious that the Cast Members at Magic Kingdom wouldn't let her in at 8AM. She was a resort guest, didn't they understand that?? The agent tried to explain how EMH works and the woman just didn't want to hear it.[/I]

WDW is a very popular, public place. Where anyone can go to it... even crazy people who think they world owes them something. It's a darn shame. And I would definitely never take that behavior personal in anyway. People act out the same way at the grocery store over a bag of ham. I've seen it happen.

kadesha
03-25-2012, 10:38 AM
This happened to me on my last trip at PhilharMagic. I just don't understand the mindset, they are saying over the loudspeaker to move all the way down and these people plop down and don't budge. I just stood there while traffic backed up behind me until they finally moved down.

badkitty
03-25-2012, 12:41 PM
I actually perfer the end and will climb over the folks who stopped in the middle.

darthmacho
03-25-2012, 01:11 PM
I think the sense of entitlement is what is the most troubling. What makes them better than anyone else? :confused:
I call these people "jerks". :rolleyes:

Ian
03-25-2012, 02:11 PM
I call these people "jerks". :rolleyes:Yeah, it's funny ... For years I've seen people on INTERCOT start posts about the stroller people or the ECV people or the smokers or the line jumpers or the reusable mug abusers or the picture takers on rides or any number of anti-social things their fellow park goers do and almost every time I reply with something along the lines of, "It has nothing to do with people with strollers or people with ECV's or smokers or whatever ... the people are just jerks. They're all the same people."

The people who run you down with their strollers when their kids are little are the same people who run you down with their ECVs when they're older. They're the same people who butt in line or encourage their kids to butt in line. They're the same people who don't move all the way down to the end of the row. They're all the same.

And yes ... they're called (in INTERCOT-friendly terms) "jerks." ;)

PopPhan
03-25-2012, 02:47 PM
I think that I wish I could wear stiletto heels...LOL

From a 300# guy with big feet, a heel like that coming down on their foot would make them think twice (or more) about stopping in the center of the row!!

Seriously, I just try to make the best of it and go around them ...I've beenthere enough to know that just about every viewing position for the shows is good.

LandFan
03-25-2012, 04:02 PM
How are kids supposed to learn common courtesy and good behavior if their parents don't do those things:thedolls:

Sorry, I'm a teacher, lol.

MrPeetrie
03-25-2012, 05:51 PM
How are kids supposed to learn common courtesy and good behavior if their parents don't do those things:thedolls:

Perfectly said.

LandFan
03-25-2012, 06:52 PM
:bow: Why thank you kind sir.

PeterPan
03-25-2012, 10:05 PM
I have been going to WDW since a year after it opened. I used to pride myself at my crowd management skills. I could get in the middle of the row in the middle of the room of every attraction that has theater seating. I was a MASTER at this. I could take even a large group of people, and still get them the best seats in the house. Now, because I have been so many times, and viewed the shows from such fine vantage points so many times, I have changed my strategy totally. Now, I am all about letting someone else have the best seat. . . . .EXCEPT for the entitled people who break the rules. Nothing makes me more angry that entitled people who ruin everyone else's trip with their selfish behavior. I do like most of the rest of you - I just STAND THERE and wait for them to move. No shame. Just stand and STARE. It works almost every time.

PeterPan
03-25-2012, 10:12 PM
I have a story that goes along with this thread about rude people. I was saving a place for a nighttime parade - one place on either side of me. I used Park Maps to mark the places. I simply spread a map on either side of me. Now I KNOW many of you don't believe in "saving places," but honestly, we all do it! There is NO WAY to keep people together all day long. Even after we sit down for a parade on the curb, someone has to go to the bathroom, or go get popcorn, or something like that. So.....there I was saving two places on either side of me. You cannot believe how many people tried to take those places. I had to FIGHT to keep them. People would come and STAND on the maps. One lady plopped down and sat by me like I had been saving the place for her! I am simply AMAZED at the way some people think. Or NOT think. I finally had to say to the lady "I'm sorry, but I am using that map you are sitting on to mark a place for my wife." She just stared at me! I said something else in the same vein, and finally she moved. In a HUFF, she moved. Astounding!

Ian
03-25-2012, 10:15 PM
I think that I wish I could wear stiletto heels...LOL.Hey, it's the 2010's ... I'm not sure anyone would notice if you did! ;)

2Epcot
03-25-2012, 10:37 PM
I hold back BEFORE entering the row until I judge enough people have gone in to get me towards the middle. Sometimes I'll even move forwards or backwards a row based on how full that row happends to be.

That's the same method I have always used. It works very well most of the time.

CuteAsMinnie
03-25-2012, 10:39 PM
I work for a church and all this reminds me of a phone call I received once on the day after Easter Sunday. This woman called the church office screaming (honestly) that she needed to speak with the priest because she could not believe she and her family could not find a seat at Easter Sunday Mass!!! When I asked what time she arrived in the church she screamed (honestly) "10:00!! I had important things to do on Sunday morning than sit and wait in church!". I assured her that when she came back the following week, there would be a pew in the first row for her. :secret:

I think 'entitlement' contributes greatly to the misery in peoples lives. How sad.

2Epcot
03-25-2012, 10:44 PM
ISo.....there I was saving two places on either side of me. You cannot believe how many people tried to take those places. I had to FIGHT to keep them. People would come and STAND on the maps. One lady plopped down and sat by me like I had been saving the place for her! I am simply AMAZED at the way some people think.

I've had this happen a few times. Once at the Studio park waiting for a parade, and twice at Disneyland waiting for Fantasmic. In the most recent one at Disneyland, The guy actually threatened to fight us, but said he didn't want to with kids around.

MrPeetrie
03-26-2012, 02:24 AM
... Now, because I have been so many times, and viewed the shows from such fine vantage points so many times, I have changed my strategy totally. Now, I am all about letting someone else have the best seat. . .

PeterPan, you embody the Disney Spirit. That's the kind of act that make this place "Magical!"

natstroop
03-26-2012, 09:49 AM
So.....there I was saving two places on either side of me. You cannot believe how many people tried to take those places. I had to FIGHT to keep them. People would come and STAND on the maps. One lady plopped down and sat by me like I had been saving the place for her! I am simply AMAZED at the way some people think. Or NOT think. I finally had to say to the lady "I'm sorry, but I am using that map you are sitting on to mark a place for my wife." She just stared at me! I said something else in the same vein, and finally she moved. In a HUFF, she moved. Astounding!

I'd tell you to try lying down next time, but I wouldn't doubt that someone would sit right on you!

Aurora
03-26-2012, 09:51 AM
The people who run you down with their strollers when their kids are little are the same people who run you down with their ECVs when they're older. They're the same people who butt in line or encourage their kids to butt in line. They're the same people who don't move all the way down to the end of the row. They're all the same.

Bravo!

They're not. Their parents don't expect them to learn these things. They expect them to take, take, take, just like their parents, and they teach them to act that way on purpose, because they consider everyone else suckers. And they live miserable lives.

olivegirl
03-26-2012, 04:48 PM
Yes plain old rude! Rude people everywhere even in THE Happiest Place on Earth!! Gooo figure! We had the same experiece in August!!

IloveDisney71
03-26-2012, 05:12 PM
This happened to me on my last trip at PhilharMagic. I just don't understand the mindset, they are saying over the loudspeaker to move all the way down and these people plop down and don't budge. I just stood there while traffic backed up behind me until they finally moved down.

I've usually just crawled over people and "accidentally" stepped on their feet or bumped into them with my backpack but I'll try your method next time. I'm a teacher so maybe if I also give them "the look" that will help too.:D

LudwigVonDrake
03-26-2012, 07:27 PM
If a theater is crowded I move all the way down. If a theater is packed I'll just climb over people who have stopped to move down.

Ian
03-26-2012, 07:53 PM
One thing I'll add to this conversation is that, because we go so much anymore, I've gotten to the point where I don't really care where I sit. As long as my kids can see, that's all that matters. In fact, if we have good viewing spots for a parade or fireworks or something, I'll often invite kids from behind me to come up and get in front in my spot. I just sit or stand behind them, because it's a lot more important to me to make their trip magical than it is mine.

I try and tell myself that there's a decent chance they might be on their one and only trip to WDW as a kid and if I (who will be back in six months or less guaranteed) can give them a better viewing spot for that special parade or fireworks show then that's a lot more rewarding to me than seeing Spectromagic from the front row for the 103rd time. ;)

JerseyDad
03-26-2012, 09:24 PM
....as I recently entered my 50's...I find that my patience has dwindled...and I care less and less about what I say...and to whom I say it. (much to my wife's dismay) Last year in the Hall of Presidents...the same-old same-old happened with rude middle of the row-hogs. So...over the din of the entering crowd..I quite loudly proclaimed as I "clumsily" stepped over them:

"Hey...I just learned that half-the-way-down...is the new ALL THE WAY DOWN"!!

jaredkari
03-26-2012, 10:52 PM
WE CAN DO IT!! It is about time us good upstanding WDW guests stand up for our rights! Never again will I stand idly by as people push in front of me in line, never again will I just sit in my doombuggie as people take pictures of clear pieces of glass, never again will my ankles be bruised by strollers!! If the occupy folks can organize than so can we! We need an Occupy Main Street movement to put forth the values of waiting in line, following directions, and being considerate of others. :number1:

I know it is sarcastic but I am totally with all you folks who get tired of the rude people at WDW, but I guess rude people are everywhere.

Hammer
03-27-2012, 12:00 AM
As we now travel to WDW with my Mom, we usually sit in the seats for handicap companions, which are usually in the back so no one fights for those seats ;) . Before Mom joined us on our annual trips, we would be very annoyed by those who plopped themselves in the middle of the row.

What bothers me the most about people who run into you with strollers, wheelchairs or ECVs is not that they run into people because accidents can happen in crowded places. It's if there is no acknowledgment of the action. The few times Mom (if using an ECV) or my sister and I (if we are pushing the wheelchair) accidentally run into someone, we immediately apologize. It amazes me the people who act like nothing happened and that they did not run into someone!
Equally amazing are the people who get nasty when you apologize. Sorry, we are human and make mistakes. Didn't realize these people were perfect and sit at God's left hand side ;) .

JRocker
03-27-2012, 06:29 PM
Middle Of the Row Occupying NitwitS

Quadstriker
03-28-2012, 01:32 AM
End of the row is superior for all shows anyway. First ones out to beat the traffic jam.

K8screen
03-28-2012, 09:54 AM

BRILLIANT! :thumbsup: I will remember that!

Super Ninja
03-28-2012, 10:19 AM
I don't really care that much. I have other things to be annoyed with. I have to think if there's no one at the attraction anyways, moving all the way to the side is probably not necessary.

Dragongirlx
03-28-2012, 10:56 AM
End of the row is superior for all shows anyway. First ones out to beat the traffic jam.

Couldn't agree more plus you tend to avoid those people who think that the door is the best place to stop to sort out all their things

ransam
03-28-2012, 12:22 PM
wow....
I admit that it's rude, but to say they are miserable people with miserable lives and to try to inflict bodily harm on people, i have to ask, who really has the more miserable life? why would you want to hurt anyone? seriously?

You know what? If they stop in the middle of the row, i just pass them and move on. what do i care what others do? I'm at Disneyworld, and nothing is going to ruin that or make me in a bad mood......too many other things to worry about.

Super Ninja
03-28-2012, 12:56 PM
wow....
I admit that it's rude, but to say they are miserable people with miserable lives and to try to inflict bodily harm on people, i have to ask, who really has the more miserable life? why would you want to hurt anyone? seriously?

You know what? If they stop in the middle of the row, i just pass them and move on. what do i care what others do? I'm at Disneyworld, and nothing is going to ruin that or make me in a bad mood......too many other things to worry about.

I agree. I also think some of the things people accuse CM's of doing that is "rude" is a bit ridiculous. I was once personally insulted by one of the guards in from of the Magical Kindgdom, which I should have reported, but I've never actually felt a CM was rude to me before.

AmandaChan
03-28-2012, 04:16 PM
A somewhat unpopular story about being on the other end of the spectrum of people doing annoying things at Disney:

When we went last year with the whole family for the first time, MIL (who has never been, always wanted to take her two sons) got to ride the Great Movie Ride for the first time. While it is kind of annoying, especially for people who has been multiple times and are 'aware' of their surroundings (i.e. they have heard the warning multiple times about not taking pictures, etc) ... not everyone hears those warnings? This was her first ride at WDW ever... she saw the wizard of oz (her favorite movie) set and felt the need to take pictures with flash. We warned her! And she got all huffy saying that other people were doing it (and they were).. she only snapped a couple photos. But whatever. She really didn't do the rest of the trip. She is an amazing person who teaches yoga and is very calm and loving of life. I try not to get all bent out of shape about being doing those little annoying things b/c it IS WDW and a lot of people are there for the first and maybe only time. There is a fine line between this type of innocent doing and those that are down right rude about it.

mook3y
03-28-2012, 06:05 PM

:number1:

ginny57
03-29-2012, 10:13 AM
Like I tell people at my office all the time....ya can't fix stupid ;)

skibunny75
03-30-2012, 08:20 AM
We now travel to WDW with young children and always teach them to move down to the end of the row (unless directed not to by a cast member because of smaller crowd size). Having been there so much with them they now enter a theater and move to the end of the row without being directed. That being said we have also taught them to hold back and it doesn't necessary pay to be the first ones through the door. Those people that stop in the middle annoy me. Here we are trying to teach the kids the proper thing to do and we now have to explain to them about the rude people who can't or won't follow the rules.

As for the stroller / ECV situation, I have to admit I have accidently caught an ankle or 2 with a stroller, however, the next words out of my mouth are "I'm so sorry". Usually if I accidently hit someone it is in a massive crowd and I anm trying to do my best not to hit anyone or that person that is running across my path.

The other annoyance I have is on the bus. Since our kids are sill of lap size we always make the kids sit on laps (usually travel with other family members) to allow someone else to occupy that seat. My husband usually moves all the way to stand at the back of the bus with the stroller.

Terra
03-30-2012, 08:52 PM
wow....

Agreed.

Meh, doesn't bother me. I'm having too much fun with my family to let other people bother me too much :mickey:

Cinderelley
03-30-2012, 10:16 PM
I actually can't say that I ever remember having this happen to me.

datacot
03-31-2012, 04:44 AM
ha ha this is well annoying, i remember this in its tough to be a bug, people think the interactive seats are better in the middle, i just climb over em, oops sorry was that your foot, :D

rwdavis2
04-04-2012, 09:15 PM
These people were told over and over again to move. The CM was practically screaming into the microphone for these people to move all the way down, but they would not budge. I thought it was pretty rude. There's really not a bad seat in the house anyway.

I agree. And for the 3-D shows the view is almost identical regardless of where you sit.

Cinderelley
04-09-2012, 02:48 AM
Ok, I have to admit that in It's Tough To Be a Bug, I will ensure that I am not sitting near the spiders that drop down. If need be, I will stand there and let others pass before I sit down. I will :bolt: if they come down near me.

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
04-09-2012, 08:37 AM
"Oh Bless their hearts, they just have to have that front and center seating that they think makes all the difference."
That's what I think as I go around them knowing it doesn't matter what seat I sit in.

I don't let a few that refuse to follow the rules ruin my vacation. I take things in stride and just use my southern good graces that my grandmothers and mother taught me and go on my merry way.

tjstrike
04-09-2012, 10:58 AM
The middle of the row people are annoying yes, but don't give them the satisfaction of ruining your show, just step over and move on. The next rude person behind you will let them know they're in the wrong. Now the people with the video cameras in a dark show... that's different !! :mad:

mudpuppysmom
04-09-2012, 11:28 AM
I have tried (and hopefully successful) to instill in my kids that rules are rules for a reason. You listen to what people (in charge) are telling you and be respectful of said person.

That said, my kids both know that if a CM tells you to move ALL the way to the end of the row, you do so and don't argue about it. So far my boys both listen and when they see someone "not listening" they point it out to that person.

On a separate note......we had a line "jumper" in Primeval Whirl once. The dad and daughter were in line in front of us for oh.....about 35 minutes. All of a sudden I hear from behind, "scuse me, pardon me, scuse me, pardon me......." to which the mom and second daughter come thru the line. I acted deaf until she actually touched me and said, "Can you please move so I can join the rest of my family? We were meeting X and we just got done." I looked her squarely in the eye and told her no I WOULD not move that if they wanted to ride this ride they would have to get in line and wait just like the rest of us. The woman literally threw a fit and the dad browbeat me so terribly that I just let her pass out of sheer pity for the kids witnessing this spectacular. My son then looked at the woman and said (he's 6 on this trip), "why did you cut in line in front of us, we waited for a REALLY LONG time and it's not fair that you passed us". Now the woman in her divine wisdom decides to explain to my son (or tries to) WHY it was so important that her daughter go meet X character and it took a really long time and how her husband and other daughter kept thier place in line waiting in front of us. Yeah.....I stopped her about half way thru her trying to make sense to a 6 yo on how it was right for her to be in another line halfway across the park and then to cut in line in front of us after we had waited 35 mintues......Needles to say DS told the CM at the front of the line what happened and we got to ride before they did, but they still go to ride.

yeah.....YERKS is right!:mad:

garymacd
04-09-2012, 11:39 AM
From a 300# guy with big feet, a heel like that coming down on their foot would make them think twice (or more) about stopping in the center of the row!

I guess you could always "lose your balance" as you try to get past them. That could be fun, too.

TinkerbellT421
04-09-2012, 12:22 PM
These people are the same people that park there ECV in the middle of the walkway between Peter Pan and It's A Small World, instead of with the stroller/ECV parking. These are the same people that I see smoking while walking through the park (FYI I am a smoker and have been furious when I see someone do this, there are smokers areas, use them). These are the same people that cut lines, I had someone, not even say excuse me, but literally PLOW through the line with their broad shoulders, and ignore any comments or looks from other, he literally stepped on my feet without even a look nevermind an excuse or an I'm sorry. Time and time again you will always see someone not following the rules. Feel that they paid such n such for this vacation and they will do what they want when they want because THEY deserve it. I pitty these people, and no matter how upset or frustrated I get at the time when I see it, all I remember is unfortunately they will not be the last people to do these very things, I will witness others do these things if not worse at some other point. That is the cold hard sad truth. So, instead of letting it up my blood pressure, I tell myself that they are rude, always will be rude, and someday Karma will pay them a visit. Until then I am on vacation in Disney, in two hours it will not matter. It's mind over matter, what you don't mind won't matter.

But mind you, before all that I just said comes to mind, after my Italian temper fuse was lit and I swear curse and scream in my head and make a few judging looks and comments in their general direction. Then after all is said and done, I'm over it. :blush:

Dopey's Girl
04-09-2012, 12:55 PM
All the 'jerks' (line cutters, row non movers, distracted ECV drivers, flash picture on Pirates takers) used to really bug me, but I have been trying to let others actions impact my life less. It's not easy, but I just smile and move on with my day. They are annoying, but I'm there to have fun, and have spent too much money to worry about their law breaking ways!

DizneyFreak2002
04-09-2012, 02:09 PM
I stomp on their foot... Especially if they are wearing flip flops or sandals... I refuse to apologize, then I tell them, "it is your fault, you only have yourself to blame for being an ignorant brain dead idiot.... Now go get the CM and get me removed... Oh, and try to explain how you refused to listen to the CMs direction and plopped your huge backside where ever you wanted DESPITE being told to move all the way down...."

Of course, they never do tell the CM... And I always get high fives from others around me, complete strangers mind you... And no, I don't discriminate due to age... :)

disneynarula
04-09-2012, 02:55 PM
I get annoyed but usually don't do anything about it. Acting vengeful really just puts you in the same category.

I feel bad for the CastMembers who have to deal with this situation on crowded days. It must stink to have to say the same thing over and over again.

clou1028
04-09-2012, 03:17 PM
I only witnessed this once at the American Experience. The adult children were trying to explain to their father to keep moving. He got really angry and shouted no. I was shocked more than I was annoyed. He had himself a little temper tantrum just like a toddler.
What I don't get is why anyone would want the whole row climbing over them. Ick. Kind of creepy.

justnewme
04-10-2012, 10:09 AM
One thing I'll add to this conversation is that, because we go so much anymore, I've gotten to the point where I don't really care where I sit. As long as my kids can see, that's all that matters. In fact, if we have good viewing spots for a parade or fireworks or something, I'll often invite kids from behind me to come up and get in front in my spot. I just sit or stand behind them, because it's a lot more important to me to make their trip magical than it is mine.

I try and tell myself that there's a decent chance they might be on their one and only trip to WDW as a kid and if I (who will be back in six months or less guaranteed) can give them a better viewing spot for that special parade or fireworks show then that's a lot more rewarding to me than seeing Spectromagic from the front row for the 103rd time. ;)

I hope you will be back to see me say THIS IS SOOOOOOOO nice of you. My family is getting ready to go on their 1 and only trip to Disney World. While the rules are all common sense and I don't run around being a rule breaker, since I have been visiting Disney forums to try to plan our trip, I seem to have learned more about what to do to not tick people off.

But I want you and anyone like you to know, if you gave my kids a chance to see something better that they will never see again, it would make their day and mine.

ransam
04-10-2012, 10:16 AM
These people are the same people that park there ECV in the middle of the walkway between Peter Pan and It's A Small World, instead of with the stroller/ECV parking. These are the same people that I see smoking while walking through the park

Really? the exact same people?

cer
04-10-2012, 11:16 AM
I hope you will be back to see me say THIS IS SOOOOOOOO nice of you. My family is getting ready to go on their 1 and only trip to Disney World. While the rules are all common sense and I don't run around being a rule breaker, since I have been visiting Disney forums to try to plan our trip, I seem to have learned more about what to do to not tick people off.

But I want you and anyone like you to know, if you gave my kids a chance to see something better that they will never see again, it would make their day and mine.

Welcome to Intercot!
Here's hoping it won't be your only trip to Disney World. :mickey: If there is anything we can help you with just ask.

There are really good people here and sometimes you find you just need to vent about how some guests are unable to show simple courtesy to others. It is a frustration that I hope you do not have to experience on your trip.

Glad you are here!

biodtl
04-10-2012, 11:49 AM
The "middle of the row" people are annoying, but I don't let them ruin my good time and I wouldn't intentionally try to step on them but it <i>does</i> happen unintentionally. I mean - there isn't much room to get past them.

But I do get a good laugh thinking about all the people's backsides in their faces as they climb over them.

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
04-10-2012, 12:45 PM
The "middle of the row" people are annoying, but I don't let them ruin my good time and I wouldn't intentionally try to step on them but it <i>does</i> happen unintentionally. I mean - there isn't much room to get past them.

But I do get a good laugh thinking about all the people's backsides in their faces as they climb over them.

One poor family got more that just a face of backside as my family of 6 crawled across them- one of sons has lactose intolerance and well - we'd had Mickey Bars about 30 minutes before.

Disney Doll
04-10-2012, 05:09 PM
I have found that children often provide an excellent opportunity to explain bad behavior. For instance when we enter a theater and encounter middle of the row sitters I always have to instruct my children to follow the directions and keep going past the sitters which inevitably prompts a "but why are those people..." I'm honest in my response and I don't care if they hear me. I launch into my "just because those people are not doing the right thing" speech about respect and consideration for others. :soapbox: I'm sure the sitters could care less, but it makes me feel a little better.

Terra
04-10-2012, 07:26 PM

Agreed, especially to the bolded. I think intentionally stepping on toes/being mean back is rather childish IMHO. Repaying wrong with wrong isn't good. I think, like some have said, making a well stated point gets the issue across properly. Plus just like we don't think people who sit in the middle of an aisle don't set a good example for their children. It's also not the best example to be mean in return.

biodtl
04-11-2012, 02:14 PM
One poor family got more that just a face of backside as my family of 6 crawled across them- one of sons has lactose intolerance and well - we'd had Mickey Bars about 30 minutes before.
HAHA! Now that made me laugh!

WDWdreamer87
04-11-2012, 02:39 PM
When I worked at Philharmagic, I made sure that I my microphone and flashlight were in hand for these middle seaters. I'd get everyone in the audience to chant "move allll the way downnnn" and flash my light at the family. Also, I'd say "every seat is a great seat...the magic comes to you!" and that usually got most people to move.

Using guests as a ploy to annoy the middle seaters was always a highlight of my day. Hahaha.

MommaMouse
04-11-2012, 02:42 PM
This is just reminiscent of our recent trip (March 17-24th, 2012) that we took with my in laws for their first time with the grandkids and the first time back at Disney in almost 20yrs. My father in law could not get over the rude people everywhere, mostly the ones coming to a dead stop in the middle of a high traffic area to look around. He would not stop complaining about it and it was quite frankly ruining my vacation to listen to him. I had to keep reminding him that this is Disney World. There is so much to look at and you never know if this is someone's first time here. I wouldn't want to ruin their experience and open my mouth unless they really deserved it. The fact is that there will always be those "rude" and "entitled" people at Disney, just let it go or if it makes you feel better to step on their toes then do it but don't let it ruin your vacation. Life is too short to waste your time and energy on the people that don't get the real magic of Disney.:mickey:

SurferStitch
04-12-2012, 12:01 PM
Yeah, it's annoying. Are they rude? Yeah. Are they selfish? Yeah.

Do I intentionally hurt them (no matter what age)? No. You could really hurt someone.... ESPECIALLY a child. Nothing like ripping off someone's toenail to get your point across.

It use to get me a little riled up, but I'm over it. I refuse to let ignorant people ruin my trip. Not worth it.

i'm grumpy
04-14-2012, 06:59 PM
We had this happend at VOLM. We had to stand on the far left and couldn't see half the show!! :mad:

BigRedDad
04-16-2012, 07:54 AM
I usually stand there until they move. If they don't and I am forced to walk through them, a 30Lb camera bag hitting them in the face as I bang their knees and step on their feet makes it worth it. They simply move to where instructed or they are left to the safety concerns of those that have to climb over them.

If you don't want to go all the way down, wait to go in. It is not rocket science.

Airblue1
04-16-2012, 08:35 AM
Huge society issue!!!!
Can't even begin to complete the essay on why that is wrong in soooo many ways.
Dirty looks from this guy! Enjoy the seat but you certainly are not WINNING:mad::mad:
:mickey::mickey:

disneymom2000
04-16-2012, 02:53 PM

Can I get an AMEN on this one!!!:thumbsup:

disneymom2000
04-16-2012, 02:57 PM
When I worked at Philharmagic, I made sure that I my microphone and flashlight were in hand for these middle seaters. I'd get everyone in the audience to chant "move allll the way downnnn" and flash my light at the family. Hahaha.

ROTFLOL:rotfl::funny::rotfl::funny:

Aurora
04-18-2012, 06:50 PM
OK, I HAD to post this. After all this discussion, GUESS what was posted today on the official "Disney Reads" Facebook page! Here it is:

"Visiting EPCOT? Here’s a tip for The Circle of Life: The best seats for this environmentally-themed movie are about 1/3 of the way back from the screen and in the center of the theater."

:rotfl: :funny: :laughing: :bolt:

DisneyOtaku
04-21-2012, 07:03 PM

Enough said.

Exactly what I was going to say.

BrowncatP
04-21-2012, 07:26 PM
If I am bumped by a stroller or a shopping cart while in a line I go by my same rule. Hit me once I don't mind(it was by accident.) Bump into me a second time, you should say your sorry. After the third time with no acknowledgment, I push back with no word said. It tends to work.

Davy Crockett
05-01-2012, 02:15 PM
I'm in complete agreement with Landfan.

It comes down to one inevitable truth. How you were raised by your parents, and reinforced by your grandparents, aunt, uncles and even your siblings (extended family) will equal the values, morals and ethics you carry forth in life. No core values or moral compass means you have no empathy for your fellow man/women and that is what gives birth to these less than complete creatures. You just have to walk around these dysfunctional folk and enjoy your vacation and the quality time you are spending with your family.

texas211
05-01-2012, 08:56 PM

Lost cause.... You are right.. But, a lost cause. People are getting more dumb and poorly behaved. Also, as I walk around this week.. Who lets their hung daughters show so much skin.. I'm in my early 30's and i feel like an 80 yr old man, going, what in the world are these kids wearing..

AmyCasanova
05-04-2012, 08:18 PM

Enough said.

That's pretty much how I feel about it. I get severely annoyed.

MargaretMessler
05-05-2012, 09:06 PM

Exactly what I try to do, but most shows there is no bad seat.

stephicakes
05-06-2012, 08:08 AM
I agree with the majority here – rude people are going to be rude for life no matter what disappointed looks or comments I throw their way. I don’t waste my time on these people... I have waited a long time for this trip and I just want to enjoy each day as much as I can with my family! I can only control myself and no one else. Not worth wasted energy and I can’t teach the whole world good manners (as tempting as it is!). However, I may say, “Excuse me… the CM asked you to move down” loud enough for others to hear. If they do not move down, then they will have to deal with the disgust from other guests while we step over them (NOT purposely stepping on feet or bumping into them). Being a mom & wife I have learned that my family follows suit to how I act – if I am in a bad mood it affects the whole family and I hate that. But if my DD16 sees that I am being patient and the bigger person, she will follow (teaching moments never stop).

AND - call me “old school” but is it just me or do men on the buses no longer give up their seats to women & children anymore? I know after a long day at the park EVERYONE is tired, but we were always taught that if there are no seats available and a child or woman boards the bus, a man should at least OFFER their seat. Mind you, they don’t have to accept. My husband and father always offer their seats for a tired mom & child. I am physically able and do the same. Has anyone else seen this?? I really hope we are not losing those little common curtsies…
:confused: