PDA

View Full Version : Any advice for being pregnant at WDW?

j2k
03-23-2012, 06:43 PM
Does anyone have advice to share about being pregnant during a trip to WDW? I know the number of attractions are limited. Can a GAC be requested because of pregnancy? It sure would help to sit and wait instead of standing in line. Any other advice or suggestions?

amorillo
03-23-2012, 07:18 PM
i didn't really feel limited as far as rides go... obviously no roller coasters and no splash mountain or tot....and a few others... but i did pretty much everything else. i just walked around (slowly, lol) while the rest of the family did those rides. i loved the rocking chairs in the gift shop by splash mountain! just make sure to stay hydrated and take it easy! :D

i also bought an autograph book that i carried with me and not only did i get autographs, but i wrote little notes for my little one... about what i was doing or thinking at any given moment! and i got fast passes for all the rides i couldn't do and put them in the autograph book! :D

most important.... have a great time! :cloud9:

j2k
03-23-2012, 08:21 PM
Thanks! I'm looking forward to having a great time!!! I know it will be different but fun.

Disney Doll
04-02-2012, 10:46 AM
I don't know about the GAC, but I've been to Disney pregnant twice and as long as your pregnancy is normal there's no reason why you would need anything special. I see hundreds of pregnant women at the parks every year. It's very doable. You may tire a bit faster so you will want to schedule break time, but other than that you should be fine. Just listen to your body and take it easy when you need to. There are still plenty of rides you can do.

ANG
04-18-2012, 12:01 PM
I've been to WDW 5 months pregnant. It wasn't my favorite trip cause I couldn't do nearly as much, but it was certainly a great time.

Make sure you wear comfortable shoes and take frequent breaks to avoid foot/leg swelling.

Don't be afraid to use a wheelchair if you need to. 2 out of the 7 days, I needed one for about half the day. I felt silly for needing one, but I made sure the guests who truly needed chairs did things before me.

Bring a water bottle that has a filter in it. Brita sells awesome ones. That way you can refill at water fountains and drink as much as you want/need.

Mogie
04-18-2012, 03:05 PM
Yes! At Hollywood Studios buy a Giant Pickle and sandwich it between 2 Mickey Premium Ice Cream Bars. Enjoy! :thumbsup:

eandrsmom
04-19-2012, 02:16 PM
I've gone when I was 5 months pregnant. Just remember to stay hydrated. I rested a little more during the afternoons, but other than that, there were no problems. BTW, my O.B. gave me the name of a doctor he went through residency with that was in the Orlando area. I didn't need him, but it was nice having a recommended doc in the area, just in case.

tdk316
04-24-2012, 07:03 PM
I wasn't pregnant at WDW, but was when we went to Disneyland, both times! As others have said, take it easy, drink a lot of water and be mindful of what your body is telling you. I was able to enjoy a lot of the scenery that I would have probably missed otherwise. We also have some cute photos with Mickey and DH disagreeing about the paternity of the child. :mickey:

j2k
05-19-2012, 09:45 AM
We also have some cute photos with Mickey and DH disagreeing about the paternity of the child. :mickey:

That's cute! A treasured picture for sure.

CMCTxMom
07-07-2012, 02:27 PM
I was three months pregnant (granted, that's pretty early!) when in 2006 and my dr. said it was fine to go on anything that didn't spin really fast. The ONLY ride I didn't do was Mission Space. But again... that was at the end of my first trimester!

BrerGnat
07-09-2012, 08:09 AM
A GAC is designed for people with "invisible" disabilities and they are not routinely provided for pregnant visitors.

I went to WDW 12 weeks pregnant at the end of September one year, and my advice is like the rest: stay rested, hydrated, and cool! LIsten to your body and take breaks as needed. The heat was the worst part!

You can ride a LOT of stuff at WDW pregnant, but be mindful of the signs, and avoid anything that suggests that expectant mothers should not ride.

Have a great time!

j2k
07-09-2012, 06:06 PM
Thanks for all the responses. Unfortunately, I will not need to worry about that this trip.

BrerGnat
07-09-2012, 07:15 PM
Thanks for all the responses. Unfortunately, I will not need to worry about that this trip.

So sorry. :(