PDA

View Full Version : Hoop Dee Doo, Mickey's BBQ or Luau???

wendybird
03-23-2012, 11:40 AM
What do you recommend for myself, DH and DS(7)....I was leaning towards Mickey's BBQ, but my son is shy and does not really "get up" to participate with characters, etc. and I don't think I want to be outside. Considering Hoop Dee Doo. Is it really THAT "hokey" or is it funny? Not sure if we would enjoy it. We have never been to FW and either would give us the opportunity to see it. Also looking at Luau...been to Poly, not Luau. Might be boring for DS and is COSTLY. Which one do you enjoy the most??

mydisneygirls
03-23-2012, 12:06 PM
Have been to both Hoop Dee Doo and Backyard Bbq. I would have to say I enjoyed the HDD more. Never been to the Luau. Friend who have said not that great. So I would say HDD...the three of you will really enjoy it.

DizneyRox
03-23-2012, 12:33 PM
Hands down, HDD. We go at least once per trip...

Barb_A
03-23-2012, 01:34 PM

Couldn't have said it better myself!!

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-23-2012, 01:36 PM
Another vote for HDD. We go almost every trip!

But, depending on when you're going, HDD is closing for a refurb later this year.

Keneva
03-24-2012, 11:56 AM
We have done the Luau twice and the HDD once and have a res for HDD again this summer. The best part of the luau is at the end when the fire twirler does his thing-Really Cool! Especially at night. The HDD is IMHO better than the Luau. We laughed/smiled from beginning to end :piano: and the kids wanted to see it again. So do I! I think all of the dinner shows are pricey.

joonyer
03-24-2012, 12:10 PM
We also prefer to Hoop-dee-doo Revue. Yes, the jokes are corny, but the performers do a great job, and the show is a lot of fun. Better food than the Backyard BBQ, too. We did the luau once and were disappointed. Just eating dinner at 'Ohana was more enjoyable and better food (0nly one TS credit, too).

rjmdds
03-24-2012, 12:59 PM
I'm with the majority here....it's the Hopp Dee Doo for me too. We've done the luau and the Hoop Dee Doo twice. We by far prefer the latter. Can't speak on the BBQ.

MrPeetrie
03-24-2012, 01:41 PM

Us, too. And we were NOT impressed with the Luaua

DizneyRox
03-24-2012, 05:25 PM
we were NOT impressed with the Luaua
You don't say? It's dreadful, to put it mildly...

TheVBs
03-25-2012, 09:55 AM
We've done the BBQ twice and the Luau once. The Luau was cute, good food, have no desire to do it again though. The BBQ was a blast, but our kids loved hopping up and dancing with the characters, and loved the band. I don't remember any problems or discomfort with being outside. We've never done HDD, but are hoping to on our next trip. :mickey:

LandFan
03-25-2012, 10:24 AM
HDD - DEFINITELY!!!
Luau is not very good - very commercialized food.

Disneypixie513
03-27-2012, 05:19 PM
Another hands down vote for HDD! The show is very cheesy but highly entertaining. I absolutely love it!

I've only done the luau once (back in 2002), and have never been to the BBQ.

tjstrike
03-27-2012, 06:20 PM
Don't want to say hated so, we "disliked" the Luau very much. On the other hand, HDD was awesome !!

Cinderelley
03-29-2012, 09:33 PM
We have done all three. Hoop Dee Doo is the only one that people routinely ask to return to. Actually now that I think about it, no one has asked to return to the other two at all.