PDA

View Full Version : Weather late September/Early October

disney1026
03-23-2012, 10:32 AM
I am thinking of changing my upcoming trip dates to September 29th - October 6th so that I can get the free dining plan! I've always wanted to try the dining plan, but never can justify the cost. But if it's free, here I come World Showcase restaurants!!!

I know that August/September is typically hurricane season. By that late in September, and essentially the first week of October, can anyone let me know what the weather is like? I realize Mother Nature will do as she pleases, but just wondering if anyone has ever visited during that time. I don't mind a 1-2 hour rain, but I would not like to have my entire day rained out.

Belle of the Ball 051411
03-23-2012, 10:49 AM
I went to college in FL and August through mid September was always really humid (and stormy). The end of September and October were always very pleasant temperatures. Hurricane season can very every year but I always remember October being very pleasant.

mydisneygirls
03-23-2012, 12:22 PM
We went last Sept 17 - 24th. It was hot and extremely humid and it only rained one day for about 2 hours. I guess it didn't bother us that much because we are going AGAIN Sept 22 thru Oct 4th. We got through it some days by going to the park in am, pool in afternoon and back to park at night (which once the sun went down, it was perfect). Other days, we just dealt with it by going to rides or shows indoors.

I will also mention that the crowds were light during this time!!!!

Disney Doll
03-23-2012, 01:35 PM
Hot! We had one whole day which was really rainy, but we just ponchoed up and went ahead. At that point we were so happy to have something to cool us off after a whole week of sweltering temps and humidity.

DVC2004
03-23-2012, 03:12 PM
Hot and humid as other have said. Very likely for rain as well.

Alaska Disney Fan
03-23-2012, 08:29 PM
I personnally think it's the best time of year to go, yeah it's hot, but it's better than June, July, August. Fewer crowds, never had a full day of rain, but certainly some storms moving through. You can't beat food and wine festival either :number1:

Tinker Fan
03-23-2012, 10:45 PM
My favorite time of year to go, end of September and first part of October. We have been at this time 4 times and soon to be our 5th. It can get a little warm, a few showers here and there but definitly comfortable and the crowds are low so a good time to go, lines for rides are shorter.:mickey:

E-OR
03-24-2012, 11:52 AM
We have been to WDW the last five years the end of September first of October. There is the occasional rain storm, but I think in Florida that happens most any time of the year. The humidity is lower, no crowds or long waits for rides, and weather warm but not unbearable. We will be there again in September this year and can't wait. Have a great time.

hauntedmansiongirl
03-25-2012, 12:17 AM
I agree that the weather is amazing in Sept/Oct. we have been 6 or 7 times that time of year and loved it. There is usually a flash rainstorm for 20 minutes in the afternoon. Just long enough to clear half the park out!!!

We have been twice during hurricanes. The first time we were at Fort Wilderness with our trailer and they were going to put all the trailers in a parking lot together and evacuate the campground because of the big trees. We were going to be put up at All Star Sports. We ended up packing up and heading home as it was near the end of our vacation anyway.

The second time we were at Pop Century and they kept us in the room for most of the day. We were fed and kept well informed and by the next day we were back out in the parks. It was amazing to see how well Disney handles the hurricanes. We felt very safe and cared for at all times!

Have a wonderful trip!! :mickey:

spoiledraf
03-25-2012, 03:53 PM
We love that time of year and were planning on going this year the last week of September. It would still be my choice but my daughter will be blessing us wish a grandchild the very week we were scheduled so we had to move it up to June. Gotta have priorities, but it was a tough decision! :D