PDA

View Full Version : Bay Lake Tower and Animal Kingdom Kidani

princess0511
03-22-2012, 04:40 PM
We are very excited about our upcoming May trip. This will be our first time staying at deluxe resorts!! We are celebrating our 10 year wedding anniversary. We are doing a split stay 4 nights at Bay Lake Tower in a standard studio and 4 nights at Kidnai is a standard studio. Any tips on room requests. We are traveling with 2 small children and will be renting a car. Any tips and suggestions about either resort are welcome. Also a little nervous about changing resorts mid stay!:mickey:

CuteAsMinnie
03-22-2012, 05:17 PM
Well......

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY ! :mjump:

We just celebrated our 25th yesterday and are celebrating at WDW next summer!!

I can't help with either resort as we are WL folks :secret: but have a great celebration!!!!! :cloud9:

Kairi_7378
03-22-2012, 08:07 PM
Can't offer any tips but I wanted to wish you a happy anniversary! We just celebrated our 10th this month.

You've described my and my husband's dream trip (if I could get him to go deluxe) so I'd like to read any trip reports you feel like posting :-)

Disney Doll
03-23-2012, 01:25 PM
Haven't stayed at Bay Lay yet, but we loved Kidani!
They have one of the best pools on property. You will definitely want to plan for some pool time. At Kidani you might request to be near an elevator. They have some super long hallways.

Belle of the Ball 051411
03-23-2012, 01:33 PM
DH's brother and sister-in-law and their 3 kids (10, 6, and 3) will be staying at the BLT in late April. I'll let you know what they have to say about it. It looks really nice.

Happy Anniversary!

epceddie
03-23-2012, 09:20 PM
We stayed in room 7424 at Kidani Village last month and couldn't have been happier. It was a studio that was nice and close to the elevator in the Timon part of the parking lot. Had a great view of the savanna. Didn't see any animals in the morning. Saw a lot of giraffe, zebra, and gazelles in the early to mid afternoon and early in the evening. Have a great stay!

LandFan
03-28-2012, 09:40 AM
Wow - sounds great!!! That's my dream stay too!:cloud9:

ThanxForNoticin
03-28-2012, 12:33 PM
Not sure how much planning you'll do (like where you'll eat and what parks you'll visit on certain days), but there are things to consider. When you're at BLT, you can take advantage of the amazing location and do most of your Magic Kingdom visiting during that half of the trip. The half of the trip you're at Kidani (which is an awesome place, by the way), perhaps you focus more on the other parks. If you're like us, when we rent a car, we prefer to drive to all the theme parks except MK. Driving to EPCOT, DHS, and/or AK is a good strategy from Kidani.

Have a great trip. Those are 2 very nice resorts!

princess0511
04-02-2012, 10:27 PM
Thanks everyone we are super excited! We got great rates for both properties from Davids vacation rentals!:mickey: