PDA

View Full Version : Tidbits March 2012

Figment!
03-21-2012, 10:57 AM
Tidbits
March 2012

Hop and Greet

3/19/12 The Magic Kingdom park has begun its annual Easter Meet & Greet on Main Street USA. Guests can meet Mr. and Mrs. Easter Bunny in the Tour Guide Garden adjacent to City Hall from March 18 through April 8, 2012. The meet and greet is open daily from 10:00 am till 6:00 pm.

Grander Floridian

3/21/12 Disney has filed paper work to add an additional pool area to the Grand Floridian Resort. The new pool area will be built in the area between the Main Building, the Beach Pool, and the Summerhouse pavilion. The paper work indicates that the new pool is planned to be approximately 1/6th the size of the existing Beach Pool. A time table for the addition has not been reported.

Treat Shirts

3/21/12 Walt Disney Parks & Resorts has announced the launch of several new T-Shirts available at Walt Disney World and the Disneyland Resorts. Guests can now purchase T-Shirts celebrating the Dole Whip and the Churro.

More Channel Surfing

3/21/12 The Walt Disney World resort has begun to roll-out an expanded television offering at its resort hotels. Channels added to the resort tv line-up include AMC, TBS, TNT,TV Land, The Travel Channel, History Channel, Food Network, Bravo, SyFy, Discovery, Fox News, HGTV, TLC, and National Geographic. The expansion started on March 13th and is being added to a new resort every 2 – 5 days.The final resort to receive the expanded line-up will be Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground on May 8, 2012.

Bon Appétit

3/21/12 Epcot’s France pavilion has announced several changes to its dining options. Bistro de Paris has recently introduced a Children’s Menu for the first time. The menu offers such entrée’s as filet mignon, roasted chicken breast, and pan-roasted snapper; and offers such desserts as chocolate mousse, sorbet, and crepes with fruit. The pavilion’s operators have announced that Boulangerie Patisserie will be renovated and expanded by next Spring. The counter service location will re-open in March 2013 featuring a new interior inspired by modern French bakeries and feature breads baked fresh daily.

Coleby
03-21-2012, 12:19 PM
Thank you! Awesome to see these updates every month!

SBETigg
03-21-2012, 01:46 PM
So the GF will have three pools, the newer one being intended for the new DVC addition, I guess? But I'm trying to figure out where exactly the pool will be because the description doesn't seem to allow room for a new pool in that area. Confused.

Wow, a children's menu at Bistro de Paris. This doesn't thrill me since my kids are grown and that's a very nice quiet romantic spot for us without kids. But it doesn't really bother me, either. I've seen kids at Bistro de Paris even without the menu option (they let them order from Chefs menu) and they're usually well behaved. It's Disney. So it goes.

Melanie
03-21-2012, 03:22 PM
Treat Shirts

3/21/12 Walt Disney Parks & Resorts has announced the launch of several new T-Shirts available at Walt Disney World and the Disneyland Resorts. Guests can now purchase T-Shirts celebrating the Dole Whip and the Churro.

Love, love the new Treat shirts. Saw the churro one a few weeks ago and the Dole Whip one last week. They are awesome! I think we discuss them on the latest podcast. I say think because I can't remember if we were taping or not when we were talking about them. :confused::blush:

Scar
03-21-2012, 03:45 PM
First the DDP at Bistro, now this. Oh well... it was good while it lasted.

BriarRose0708
03-21-2012, 03:50 PM
I am glad for the Bakery renovation, I hope they add more room/seating. It gets crowded in there!

Figment!
03-21-2012, 04:59 PM
But I'm trying to figure out where exactly the pool will be because the description doesn't seem to allow room for a new pool in that area. Confused. I've outlined the approximate area described in red.

It will not be a very big pool area, as mentioned it will be about 1/6 the size of the beach pool shown below. The area has also been called a "water playground", but there will be a "pool" basin according to the paper work filed.

MN_Rose
03-21-2012, 05:11 PM
I know it makes me a heretic, but I'm actually excited about the new TV channels. When I get back to the resort and am too exhausted to move and my mind is blown from Disneyana, I love to watch TV and zone out. And those additional channels will be welcome. - Jacki -

SBETigg
03-21-2012, 06:12 PM
I've outlined the approximate area described in red.

It will not be a very big pool area, as mentioned it will be about 1/6 the size of the beach pool shown below. The area has also been called a "water playground", but there will be a "pool" basin according to the paper work filed.

Thanks, that makes more sense now. I do think I saw "water playground" previously mentioned. Will be interesting to see how that turns out.

magicofdisney
03-21-2012, 07:22 PM
I'm excited about the changes with Boulangerie Patisserie. I too hope they add additional seating. :thumbsup:

buzznwoodysmom
03-22-2012, 08:41 AM
Does anyone have pictures of the new "treat" shirts? We love the Mickey ice cream ones, and the turkey leg. My oldest loves churros so I'd love to see a picture of that one!

BrerGnat
03-22-2012, 09:07 AM
Does anyone have pictures of the new "treat" shirts? We love the Mickey ice cream ones, and the turkey leg. My oldest loves churros so I'd love to see a picture of that one!

The Disney Parks blog posted pictures of them a few times over the past week on their Facebook Page. The page had a link to the blog for pictures.

HERE (http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/03/finally-the-dole-whip-shirt-has-arrived-at-disney-parks/) it is!

Melanie
03-22-2012, 09:12 AM
Posted the Churro shirt a few weeks ago on our Twitter account (@INTERCOT), and then saw and posted the Dole Whip shirt this past Saturday night. They are so cute! :thumbsup:

MizMissy
03-22-2012, 11:00 AM
Mmmmm ... Dole Whips!! :cloud9:

Melanie - Thank you for all the pictures you post. I love them!

buzznwoodysmom
03-22-2012, 12:14 PM
Thanks guys! Not at all what I was expecting, but cute nonetheless. When I think of churros I think of Mexico, not Frontierland! Oh well, DS will probably want the shirt either way!

vizsla
03-23-2012, 05:14 AM
Thanks for the updates.

eam
03-23-2012, 01:51 PM
Will the French bakery still be open while they work on the expansion? We will be there in November, and want to make sure we can still get those wonderful baked goods, even though the F&W will still be going on.

pdrlkr
03-31-2012, 10:58 PM
Thanks Jason! :thumbsup: :mickey:

TiggeRia
03-31-2012, 11:56 PM
Thank you so much for the updates! :mickey:

TheVBs
04-02-2012, 01:44 PM
Thanks for the updates and pictures! DH will really love the Churros and Dole Whip t-shirts. Are they made of the super thin stuff, or regular t-shirt material?