PDA

View Full Version : Can you Park Hop during spring break week

indytraveler
03-20-2012, 05:07 PM
The actual title should be, if you park hop between 2 parks will you be able to get everything in?

Here's the dilemma, want to go to both The Studios, and Epcot same day. The day in question is next Friday March 30th. Attractions wanted to make, TSM, ToT, RNRRC, @ the Studios, and Soarin, Test Track, Mission Space @ Epcot. With FP's availability, time b/w parks etc. I'm thinking it can't be done. Does anyone think it can be done? If yes, do you start at The Studios or Epcot?

I do have a limit of waiting 1 hr for a standby ride. Nothing too much longer and I lose patience so Soarin is a must to ride, as much as TSM.

Id be interested in seeing how some of you would make this work before the FP's run out. I have an idea but not knowing crowd size is difficult. My comparison is days before New Years.

CuteAsMinnie
03-20-2012, 05:55 PM
Arrive EARLY at DHS
Get TSM FP (unless Ur lucky enough to get right on)
Experience RRC and TOT
Go back to TSM for all the fun
Head over to EPCOT (I can't remember if there is a direct bus to EPCOT from DHS. If not, hop the boat to Boarwalk:YBC and go in the back way.
Head to Sorin to obtain a FP
Ride Mission Space
I'm guessing you'll have plenty of time to kill before your Soarin FP return time.

BTW EPCOT has EMH in the evening of the 30th
:mickey:

Aurora
03-20-2012, 09:25 PM
Looks like for that date, there is no morning EMH, which would have made it a little easier, but oh well. What makes it harder is your stipulation of waiting no more than one hour, but it still might be doable. It will all depend on the crowds.

The two attractions you definitely want to get FPs for are TSM and Soarin'. Here's what I would do (two scenarios):

1. (Less crowded scenario) Get to DHS around 8 a.m. When they open the gates, head right over to TSM and get a FP. (Just follow the crowds; that's where they'll all be heading.) Your return time should be around 11 a.m. or earlier. If it is, head to ToT and ride (the wait time should be less than an hour). After that, check the wait time for RnRC. If you can fit it in, ride that before your TSM FP return time. After riding all three, go to Epcot and get a FP for Soarin'. Ride TT via the single-rider line, then ride Mission:Space, and then Soarin'.

2. (Very crowded scenario) If your TSM FP time is AFTER 11 a.m., don't stay at DHS. Head straight over to Epcot, and ride Soarin' if the wait is less than an hour. If not, go over to Test Track and wait in the single-rider line, which should save you more than half the stand-by wait time. If you have time after that (before your FP time for TSM), ride Mission:Space.

By then, your FP wait time should be close for TSM, so if you haven't already ridden Soarin', wait 'til the two-hour mark from when you got your TSM FP, and then get a FP for Soarin'. Head back over to DHS. If you've already ridden Soarin', on the way to TSM, get a FP for RnRC. After riding TSM, go to ToT and ride that. Then check your FP times (for either Soarin' or RnRC, whichever one you got) and see which one you need to do first.

All this will depend on your FP return times. These are just estimates based on my experiences on a really crowded day. If the parks are less crowded than you expected (for example, if your FP time for TSM is 10:15), just stay at DHS and ride those, then head to Epcot for the rest.

Remember, you can get another FP either two hours after you receive the first one, or after the beginning of your current FP time, whichever comes first. So if it's VERY crowded, make sure you keep getting FPs for something every two hours until they run out.

If the parks are REALLY crowded, even the Epcot EMH evening hours probably won't get the wait time for Soarin' below an hour. If you can't get a FP for Soarin' that works, your best bet is to leave it 'til last, bite the bullet and wait.

Hope this helps and isn't too confusing.

CuteAsMinnie
03-20-2012, 09:53 PM
Oh, BTW Test Track will still be closed when you will be there.
:cool:

Scar
03-21-2012, 08:11 AM
If you are one of the first few hundred people in DHS, you won't need a fastPass for TSM. The lines at R&RC and ToT shouldn't be too bad. That should get you to Epcot early enough to get a FastPass for Soarin'.

Kenny1113
03-21-2012, 09:31 AM
Just an FYI. Last week someone I know was at DHS she got FP for TSM around 11, FP return time was 8:55

While at EPCOT last week we got FP for soarin' around 1000. Return time was 1:05.

Have fun! :mickey:

MOJoe
03-21-2012, 11:06 AM
Since Epcot has evening EMH that Friday, you have no worries. You shouldn't have any problem getting in all the attractions at the Studios, as long as you arrive around park opening. And you have till midnight to get in the Epcot attractions you want to see.
My plan would be to hit the Studios in the morning, then go back to my resort for an afternoon swim, nap, :beer:. Then head to Epcot for dinner, Illuminations and EMH.
That sounds like a great day.

Iluvtink
03-21-2012, 12:05 PM
As someone mentioned previously, the key to making this work is to get to HS when they open (preferably 30-45 minutes before they open, actually). Then you can go straight to TSM and don't need to wait for a FastPass. Then you can do ToT and RnRC. (Depending on the lines, you can FP one then do the other during your wait.) Then head over to Epcot (if you're willing, walking the path may very well be faster than the boat) and head straight over to Soarin' for a FastPass. Head to Mission Space while you're waiting for your FP return time. If TT is open, do the single-rider line.

As long as you are willing to get an early start on the day, you should have no problem. :mickey:

LVT
03-21-2012, 06:10 PM
What about Star Tours? I like the line and the new versions.

indytraveler
03-23-2012, 10:01 AM
Thanks for the update on TT. Didn't know it was shut down for refurb. From the sounds of it HS is the place to start and TSM is first on list. Standby ride is key here by getting to park gate 30 min before opening. I will let the rest of my party know the plans.

A couple of you mentioned walking all the way around from HS to Epcot. That seems pretty far. I've taken the boat that way before and it seemed to take awhile. What about buses?

Keep ideas coming only 1 week until the magic.

CleveRocks
03-31-2012, 03:14 PM
When did Test Track close for refurb? I rode it last Friday, 3/23/12, and I have the PhotoPass ride photo to prove it. :thumbsup: