PDA

View Full Version : Buying BCV vs. YCV

tdk316
03-20-2012, 04:26 PM
We're looking into purchasing either BWV or BCV, any significant differences? DH and I enjoy going to WDW on our own without the kids, especially for the Food & Wine at Epcot which is what led us to this location. Anything we should know about from current owners?

DVC2004
03-20-2012, 04:32 PM
There's no villas at the Yacht Club, only hotel rooms. You could buy into Beach Club or Boardwalk.

If you like Beach and Yacht, I would buy at Beach. They don't have as many units and you will want to have the home resort advantage of booking out up to 11 months. It's a popular DVC resort and fills up fast. Especially if you like Food and Wine Fest. SInce it's close to Epcot, you'll want to call 11 months out to secure your reservation for that time of year.

I think dues at Boardwalk are higher too, than at Beach so that is another advantange. A disadvantage is that Beach does not have any Grand Villas, 2 Bedroom is the largest. It may not matter to you though if you don't plan on using one. You can always try to book one at another resort that has it anyway, should you want to.

Also tooo, DVC member can poo.l hop to most pools but Stormalong Bay is never included to hop to. So if you like that pool, you would want Beach Club for your home resort.

tdk316
03-20-2012, 04:38 PM
Trying to post and talk on the phone is not a good thing, thanks for understanding what I meant to ask.

DVC2004
03-20-2012, 04:41 PM
Trying to post and talk on the phone is not a good thing, thanks for understanding what I meant to ask.

Gotcha! Well Boardwalk is nice, too. I think you can't go wrong with either place. We first toured when Beach Club was for sale and I really wanted to buy there. I have stayed at both using my points and they are both wonderful places.