PDA

View Full Version : Boardwalk to MK

Bay Lake
03-20-2012, 11:36 AM
When staying at the BW, can you walk through the Internation Gateway to go to the front of EC to the monorail to ride it to MK

faline
03-20-2012, 12:07 PM
You can but you use a day on your tickets to do so which could be a problem if you don't plan to visit a park that day or if you don't have the park hopper option on your tickets.

MOJoe
03-20-2012, 12:25 PM
Also, it's a long walk from the Boardwalk to the Monorail station. Really not a good way to get to MK, unless you are planning to stop at the Rose n Crown for :beer: or hit a couple of attractions in Epcot along the way.

ledudes
03-20-2012, 12:27 PM
Yes, and you can also walk to HS. It is a nice option if you have strollers and want to avoid the buses, especially at the end of the night. It is a bit of a process though going through epcot.

Disney Doll
03-20-2012, 02:17 PM
You can, but it's probably not an efficient use of time. Walking through EPCOT to catch the monorail will take some time and you won't even go directly to MK. You'll have to catch the monorail to the Ticket and Transportation Center and then catch a separate monorail to MK. I'd just take a bus directly from Boardwalk.

Scar
03-20-2012, 03:14 PM
I've done this many times, with a park hopper. Certainly much more time than bus, but I'm rarely on a schedule and so worth it to avoid the buses.

jbernardis
03-20-2012, 03:35 PM
I've never done this - and it does seem like a long walk, but I HAVE done the reverse - sort of.

I prefer to stay at the GF, but when I am at Epcot, and stay for illuminations, the massive crowds heading for thex exit/monorail station can be daunting. My soluiton - I exit through the international Gateway, go to the BC Bus stop, take a bus to MK, and then hop on the boat to the GF. Last time I did it, there was one other couple of the bus and nobody on the boat. Much more peaceful than standing on a long monorail ride.

spoiledraf
03-25-2012, 03:40 PM
I've never done this - and it does seem like a long walk, but I HAVE done the reverse - sort of.

I prefer to stay at the GF, but when I am at Epcot, and stay for illuminations, the massive crowds heading for thex exit/monorail station can be daunting. My soluiton - I exit through the international Gateway, go to the BC Bus stop, take a bus to MK, and then hop on the boat to the GF. Last time I did it, there was one other couple of the bus and nobody on the boat. Much more peaceful than standing on a long monorail ride.

Excellent idea! And you would likely get to the MK in time to see the fireworks there as well. We will be at the Poly for the first time in June and I was wondering about getting out of Epcot and back to our Resort. Thats exactly what we will do!

And by the way, we did do the monorail, through Epcot to the BC once. Never again!

nat
03-28-2012, 03:32 PM
How long would it take you to walk from the Boardwalk to Epcot only?? And MGM? Thanks!

BugeyedMuggy
03-28-2012, 03:42 PM
How long would it take you to walk from the Boardwalk to Epcot only?? And MGM? Thanks!

To get from the BW to each entrance it's about 10 mins.

Aurora
03-28-2012, 08:58 PM
To get from the BW to each entrance it's about 10 mins.

Mmmm, it's about three times the distance to the gate at DHS as it is to the Epcot International Gateway. Also your walk time will depend on whether you're staying at the Boardwalk Inn or Villas -- the Inn is on the Epcot side and the Villas are toward DHS.

BugeyedMuggy
03-29-2012, 09:40 AM
About 10 mins give or take.