PDA

View Full Version : Norwegian Costumes

disneykidsince1970
03-20-2012, 10:58 AM
Hi all - does anyone know if I will be able to get some native Norwegian costume items in Norway? I am looking for the hat with the horns (sorry - don't know the proper name for it!!) for kids and adults - and maybe some other gear as well...?

Thanks!!

Iluvtink
03-20-2012, 11:46 AM
You will absolutely be able to get the hat with horns and a few other costume items in Norway. :thumbsup:

MNNHFLTX
03-20-2012, 01:24 PM
I also can confirm that the helmet with horns is available in the Norway gift shop.

Jim&AngieMarriner
03-20-2012, 01:44 PM
Juu var not der virst to pash dis vay.

Nor shall juu ve der last.

Sorry I couldnt help it. The trolls made me do it.

Scar
03-20-2012, 03:08 PM
Hey if you want, I think my mom still has my dance costume from when I was a kid that you can have. It's very similar. Only difference is it's yellow and blue (Sweden) instead of red and black (something my Norwegian father always protested to.)

Fastpasssteve
03-24-2012, 01:04 AM
Make sure to buy two pairs of the horned hats. You never know when they will come in handy. It is important to have matching hats with your partner.

Disney4
03-25-2012, 10:13 AM
Hey if you want, I think my mom still has my dance costume from when I was a kid that you can have. It's very similar. Only difference is it's yellow and blue (Sweden) instead of red and black (something my Norwegian father always protested to.)

Being second generation American, with Grandparents directly from Trondheim, I always thought the "Rivalry" between Norwegians and Swedes was funny.

My mother was always was quick to point out cultural differences though! :D

LandFan
03-25-2012, 03:02 PM
Yep - we have goofy pictures of ourselves wearing them, lol. I think most people take goofy pictures of themselves wearing them!

Scar
03-25-2012, 07:35 PM
My mother was always was quick to point out cultural differences though! :DMy father calls me a half-breed and always wants me to deny my Swedish half. But my mom's side of relatives always live longer.

In case anyone cares... 53 years married and counting.