PDA

View Full Version : Port Orleans Riverside -Royal Rooms photos and review

AgentC
03-20-2012, 10:47 AM
We were planning a day trip to WDW last Sunday,but decide to stay Saturday night so we could get to MK early. We decide to stay at POR Riverside and check out the new Royal Rooms.

We booked a courtyard view room. The cost (w/ AP discount) was $36 more than the regular rooms. The Royal rooms have 4 views- standard, courtyard, water (usually pool) or river. I usually do not like standard because I don't like looking out on the parking lot. Courtyard was wonderful and worth the extra cost to me. It was a pretty view, convenient to parking and very close to both the river and the quiet pool.

Royal Rooms are currently open in Oak Manor. The Parterre Place building was under renovations to become royal rooms while we were there. Both buildings are a very short walk from the main building. The main pool is only slightly further away and the quiet pool is between the two buildings.

We loved the royal rooms. The theming was very cute. The decor is rich and opulent. It was full of little nods to the princess movies. A few touches are: magic carpet on the floor, welcome note from Tiana, banners with silhouettes of the princes, borders in bathroom and bedroom with Disney characters. And yes, there are hidden Mickeys.
Even the courtyard continues the theme with tiara and sword banners.

The highlight of the room is the bed. The headboard has a picture of a courtyard. When you press a button, a light show starts complete with "fireworks". My kids pressed it over and over.

Here is a link to some of the pictures I took.
http://cindysdisneypics.shutterfly.com/pictures/18

Overall, we loved staying here and wished we had stayed longer.

Belle of the Ball 051411
03-20-2012, 10:50 AM
Wow, great pics! The rooms look lovely. Glad you had a wonderful trip!

Jim&AngieMarriner
03-20-2012, 10:56 AM
We are staying in a River view Royal room this time next month and we cant wait! This will be our very first stay on property and From everything ive read and seen we have made a good choice.

Good job on the pictures! :thumbsup:

Disney Doll
03-20-2012, 02:19 PM
Thanks for posting! I love that you took detail pictures. If I had a little girl I would totally be planning a stay.

MississippiDisneyFreak
03-20-2012, 02:59 PM
Great pics thanks

darthmacho
03-20-2012, 05:39 PM
Nice. Great pics. One question though: Are ALL Oak Manor and Paterre Place rooms going to be themed this way?

disneymomma2010
03-20-2012, 08:51 PM
Thanks for the great pics! :thumbsup: You are making me think seriously about staying there again this year in one of those rooms instead of trying CSR!

AgentC
03-21-2012, 07:26 AM
Nice. Great pics. One question though: Are ALL Oak Manor and Paterre Place rooms going to be themed this way?

According to a post on the Disney Parks blog, each building has 256 rooms and all the rooms will be royal themed. The two other mansion buildings as well as all the bayou buildings will be refurbished but they will not be royal themed.

LiloLovesTheKing26
03-25-2012, 01:55 PM
We are booked for sept! My question is and it could just be the pics but the queen beds don't look queen. Did they feel much roomier then the full beds?

Kairi_7378
03-25-2012, 05:31 PM
Wonderful pictures! Thanks for sharing. The recent POR renovation pictures are making me want to go there again.

AgentC
03-25-2012, 06:07 PM
We are booked for sept! My question is and it could just be the pics but the queen beds don't look queen. Did they feel much roomier then the full beds?

A queen bed is 6 inches wider and 5 inches longer than a full bed. (Useless information I remember from when I worked in a linen store. :) )

For me when I am in a full bed, I feel like I am right on top of the other person/child. The queen is definitely more comfortable for me.

AgentC
03-25-2012, 06:07 PM
Wonderful pictures! Thanks for sharing. The recent POR renovation pictures are making me want to go there again.

Glad everyone is enjoying the pictures!

January-2007
03-30-2012, 09:36 AM
Thanks so much for sharing!

Kairi_7378
03-31-2012, 08:31 AM
Glad everyone is enjoying the pictures!

I especially liked the picture of the sink fixtures. The faucet looked a little like a magic lamp.

I do have to ask... did your family think it was silly that you were taking so many pictures of the room? My husband always teases me when I do that.

AgentC
03-31-2012, 08:41 AM
I especially liked the picture of the sink fixtures. The faucet looked a little like a magic lamp.

I do have to ask... did your family think it was silly that you were taking so many pictures of the room? My husband always teases me when I do that.

I liked the sinks too. Such a cute idea.

As far as my husband goes, sometimes he just rolls his eyes and says, "You and those Disney boards." But he is getting used to it and a ham, so he has started posing in the pictures. :D Here are a few below. Shh. Don't tell. :secret:

http://cindysdisneypics.shutterfly.com/pictures/39#39

http://cindysdisneypics.shutterfly.com/pictures/39#38

LiloLovesTheKing26
03-31-2012, 12:25 PM
Those are great! I love how they laugh at us but secretly love every second of it!!! :mickey:

Tinkerbella16
05-02-2012, 11:22 AM
This is great info! I just switched from POFQ to a Royal Room at POR yesterday because of the room-only discount that was released. I booked the Royal Room and it was even cheaper than my regular room at FQ. I am so excited!!! So the Royal Rooms are closer to the main building?? I've only been to POR once and we were in Alligator Bayou in Bldg #24, the furthest from the lobby and foodcourt so it was a bit of walk, but I don't mind it because the grounds are so pretty. :mickey: