PDA

View Full Version : Need Some Accomodation Advice

jrfromfla
03-19-2012, 01:55 PM
My family, myself, my parents, my sister and brother in law, my nephew (2yrs old), my brother in law's sister and the possibly my brother in laws parents are thinking of going to the world Jan 2- Jan 6, 2013. (8 adults and one infant)

I have been trying to think of the best accommodations for all of us. I first thought of a off-site rental house, but we all might not be on the same schedule and it will be difficult, transportation wise, if some of us want to get to the parks early to stay late. So that ruled that out. And you can't beat the excitement of staying on property.

So the next alternative was staying at POR, and getting three rooms, where 2 of the rooms, will have three people in the room and paying the charge for the extra guest. If this happens we would only need 3 rooms. Will all POR rooms have queen size beds by then? or are we better off at the villas at SSR (treehouse?) or OKW?

If it matters myself and my parents are Florida residents and I am a AP holder. Any suggestions and ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Yo Mickey!
03-19-2012, 02:05 PM
personally, i'd look at a grand villa or a treehouse if you all really want to stay together. of course, it all depends on how much you want to spend.

disneynarula
03-19-2012, 05:26 PM
If everyone is paying an equal share a Treehouse Villa at SSR might be the way to go. There would be plenty of room for everyone. It may cost a little more per night.

I did the math on a pretty similar scenario and we ended up spending about $75 more per night to stay at SSR. It might be even less once you figure in two rooms with an exta adult.

There might be a discount offered as well. The discounts are higher at the deluxe resorts.

Mousemates
03-20-2012, 09:10 AM
Am typing from POR right now (me, DW and DD-19)...they work great for the three of us, but remember the rooms weren't designed for queen bed and thus the floor is a little tight space wise...also remember there are only two chair in the rooms at the table. While neither of these things are big deals, just something to remember.

As for the rooms themselves we love them otherwise, we are in the Royal guest rooms and the whole fireworks on the bedboard is a lot of fun. Also as heavily themed a room as we have been in anywhere on Disney property.