PDA

View Full Version : Probably not worth getting up early to make ADR's....

mom2morgan
03-19-2012, 12:56 PM
So, as I posted below, I got up at 4:00 to be online as soon as the lines open at WDW. I thought that it might be hard to get the reservations I want, particularly since I'm going during a free dining period. But it is now 11:00 am and I just tried all the same dates and times again, and they all still have availabitlity at the same times or very close. I even tried Cinderella's Royal Table, which is supposed to be notoriously difficult to get - and no problems. Have things changed, or was all the hype just that?

buzznwoodysmom
03-19-2012, 01:49 PM
That was exactly what I was thinking when you posted last week that you were getting up early to make ADRs. I never, ever set the alarm early to make ADRs. I typically make them around 9ish, after bringing my kids to school. That is if I remember. Often times I'll remember in the afternoon, or a few days later, and there hasn't been a single meal I couldn't get. I'm glad you were able to get all your ADRs, and next time you know you can sleep in a bit.

I do think things have changed a bit since they started with the fee for no shows. I know lots of people made multiple ADRs for the same time frame, and with the new fee I guess many people are not making so many. However, that is a fairly new "rule". I've been making ADRs for years and as long as I made them 180 days out I've always been able to get what I want. Even a few days later I've always been able to get them.