PDA

View Full Version : Mine Car Ride

RBrooksC
03-19-2012, 11:23 AM
Just curious -- Where is Disney supposed to be putting this ride? And is it still scheduled to open 4th quarter 2013?

faline
03-19-2012, 11:33 AM
It will be part of the new Fantasyland Expansion. It likely won't open until the end of 2013 or some time in 2014.

RBrooksC
03-19-2012, 11:37 AM
Oh, I know it is a part of that. I just never heard WHERE in the new Fantasyland it will be placed.

cuteduck223
03-19-2012, 12:56 PM
I think in the area where dumbo moved out of.

zipadeedoodah
03-19-2012, 01:00 PM
Is it really not supposed to open until end of 2013? I thought I had heard that the fantasyland expansion was going to be complete by summer of 2013. They have already begun the groundwork for the mine ride, I believe.

Ian
03-19-2012, 01:36 PM
It's really hard to visualize where it's going because things are still kind of in flux, but from the best of my understanding it will sort of stretch from about the spot where Ariel's Grotto used to be back across the old 20k lagoon.

I'm not sure of the exact location, but it will definitely be in that vicinity somewhere.

As far as opening date, I think it's late 2013 still.

Polynesian Dweller
03-19-2012, 02:08 PM
It's really hard to visualize where it's going because things are still kind of in flux, but from the best of my understanding it will sort of stretch from about the spot where Ariel's Grotto used to be back across the old 20k lagoon.

I'm not sure of the exact location, but it will definitely be in that vicinity somewhere.

As far as opening date, I think it's late 2013 still.

The date has waffled around a bit between late 2013 and early 2014. I'd think they'd like to target late 2013 to catch the holiday crowd. But since it was a change to the original FLE and design got started a bit later wouldn't be surprised if the opening drifts into 2014. Guess we'll have to wait for an official announcement next year to know for sure.

Bay Lake
03-19-2012, 03:29 PM
Just got back, and it looks like it is right across from Pooh. If you stand on the wall near Pooh you can kinda see the back wall going up. Last Thursday it was about 20 feet off the ground and about 150 feet long. The drawings they have hanging up on the construction walls show it goes from Pooh to almost near the old Dumbo

DizneyFreak2002
03-19-2012, 04:09 PM
Right across from Pooh and directly in front of the Mermaid area...

DizneyFreak2002
03-27-2012, 09:44 PM
Vertical construction has begun... The back wall is up and the coaster track supports are starting to be installed... 4 or 5 of them were put in today, where the first lift should be... I can see October 2013 being ALMOST a good target date...

shadowden
03-29-2012, 11:40 AM
I can see October 2013 being ALMOST a good target date...

No sarcasm here... ;)

DizneyFreak2002
03-29-2012, 01:24 PM
No sarcasm here... ;)

Well it is Disney... it takes them 3 years to build a bench LOL...

But reality is, there is still a lot to go for the mine ride... And let us not forget there can always be delays in construction for one reason or another... This project is moving fast right now, but wait... it will slow down once the outside rock formations and the 2 show scenes start to get constructed... Also, the cottage has to be built and there is no evidence that the footings/foundation for the cottage has been installed... All that is going up at the moment is the easy stuff for the hill...

CuteAsMinnie
03-29-2012, 06:21 PM
This will really take over a year and a half??

Oh, Bother!

DizneyFreak2002
03-29-2012, 06:56 PM
This will really take over a year and a half??

Oh, Bother!

In reality, 18 months isn't such a stretch... The rock work, the landscaping... That will all take some time...

LudwigVonDrake
04-02-2012, 12:54 PM
My guess is that they're trying to do all the stuff that involves the crane before building the cottage, etc.

DizneyFreak2002
04-02-2012, 03:04 PM
My guess is that they're trying to do all the stuff that involves the crane before building the cottage, etc.

Good possibility, especially if they open Mermaid and B&TB in the Fall as currently planned...

RBrooksC
04-03-2012, 03:06 PM
Yeah, the stuff they are doing now, while takes time, never takes as much time as the finishing work.

The coaster will get placed and the walls will be built.

Then the long, tedious work will begin. Not counting the testing and retesting of the ride.

Lizzy
04-03-2012, 05:01 PM
Ok I have been MIA the past couple years on INTERCOT so forgive me if this question has already been beaten to death-

How is this ride diffrent from BTMRR? I mean, it seems very similar from first glance. :blush:

joonyer
04-03-2012, 09:47 PM
Well they are both mine trains, but the ride technology is radically different. BTMRR is a typical "wheels on rails" roller coaster. This new ride will be a milder ride with cars that hang and swing/sway back and forth. No rails underneath. Oh, and different themeing of course.

DizneyFreak2002
04-03-2012, 11:01 PM
Lizzy, the 7DMC will be milder... much milder..

Roger's #1 Fan
04-11-2012, 12:53 PM
Looking at the layout and the vertical construction taking place, how are the sight lines for Eric's Castle? It looks to be right in front of that area and will really block out all the fantastic work being done.

I'm also wondering how they will integrate the side and back of the ride building into the Mermaid/Beast areas.

DizneyFreak2002
04-11-2012, 01:30 PM
Looking at the layout and the vertical construction taking place, how are the sight lines for Eric's Castle? It looks to be right in front of that area and will really block out all the fantastic work being done.

I'm also wondering how they will integrate the side and back of the ride building into the Mermaid/Beast areas.

The back will be themed to Mermaid since it will be facing Mermaid... A DVC cart (no joking), a fruit and snack stand, and what may be merchandise (I don't know what the third cart is) will be what takes residence back there.. I also think their is supposed to be an indoor merchandise store over there...