PDA

View Full Version : Hollywood grad trip

missouridisney
03-19-2012, 10:46 AM
My daughter decided she wanted to see Hollywood for her college grad present. But since we are Mo. Redneck farmers, her dad and I decided NO WAY are we going to drive in Calif. BUT my Disney brain went to work and instead of staying around LA, we decided to make a Disneyland trip out of it also, after searching we have it all planned without driving, thanks to the folks at Disneyland, thought I would share in case anyone else has this problem. We arrive at Los Angeles airport, and thru Disney vacation packages, we have. Shuttle to DIsneyland, and back, 6 nights at a Good Neighbor Hotel right outside Disneyland, a day beach tour at Laguna beach and a couple of other beaches, and a day tour back to Hollywood to see all the sites there, Disney sets all this up in their packages. So we can pretty much do all we want without a car. Just thought I would share.

NJGIRL
03-19-2012, 07:29 PM
Thanks for the info. :thumbsup:

Kairi_7378
04-27-2012, 10:14 PM
My admin did something similar two summers ago. She had a ball. Post a report if you get a chance, and congratulations to your DD.

LVT
05-16-2012, 07:37 PM
That sounds good. I would not want to do that drive. Please do a trip report.

Janmac
05-17-2012, 03:06 PM
This sounds like a great idea. Especially since we have driven in LA and San Francisco.

In Los Angeles - about 25 years ago, back when the "Punch it, Margaret" ads were on tv, if anyone remembers them - we were trying to keep up with traffic on some freeway, going maybe 70, when a city bus passed us like we were standing still. DH cracked up at that.

In San Francisco, same trip, we had DH driving, I was reading the map, one backseat passenger was keeping an eye on the traffic lights, and another was watching out for one way streets. Took all 4 of us to get to the downtown hotel but then it was at night and raining, as well.

Sounds as tho you should have a very enjoyable grad trip. Good thinking! And thanks for passing that idea along. :thumbsup:

Jan