PDA

View Full Version : Custom Watches

MidwestMulan
03-18-2012, 11:51 PM
Do they make custom watches at Downtown Disney or only at the Magic Kingdom and Disney Studios? My DH has a conference down in Orlando in June,so he will be doing a little shopping at Downtown Disney.

Thanks!

PlutoToo
03-19-2012, 06:12 AM
I could be wrong, and someone will be along to correct me, but I think I remember an artist in the Art of Disney shop bear the Design your T shirt shop. I know there were watches on the wall. Maybe they do the watched as well.

hauntedmansiongirl
03-24-2012, 02:41 AM
When we were there in September they were still making them in the Art of Animation store. It is the one by the Rainforest Cafe and the Design a Tee store. Those watches are so cool! :mickey:

belori
05-09-2012, 12:26 AM
I've only been to DL, but DH bought me a custom one on our first trip almost 20 years ago and it's my fave! I've brought it back to Disney several times to change the bezel/face and batteries (very reasonable to do this).

On our last trip in November, DH has ordered another custom one for my 40th -- it's to be a Mulan/Little Brother but we're still waiting for it to be done. Can't wait...

It's worth every penny!

dizneydeb22
05-09-2012, 03:15 PM
Would anyone know the approximate cost? I love Disney watches and would love to treat myself.

Thanks.

belori
05-15-2012, 01:03 AM
It is $500 for a custom one but so worth the price.

When DH bought me one on our first trip 19 years, I got the dancing mushroom from Fantasia and the artist put our names on it, as well as a chinese proverb.

So I was surprised when DH bought me another one a few months ago and found that the price is still the same! My new watch is a Mulan and Little Brother one. I haven't seen it yet as the artist hadn't yet drawn up the sketch when I was there in Nov/Dec. However, I spoke with Disney today and it should be shipped out in the next week or two!