PDA

View Full Version : 2 GAC's?

Dawneeeey
03-18-2012, 05:41 PM
Hi,

We are tagging along with our friends' family to WDW. My friend has severe asthma and will get a GAC. Her daughter has ADHD and Sensory disorder. Will they give us a GAC fir her too? There may be days where we take the young ones to give mom a break.

Just curious.

Thanks!

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-18-2012, 07:55 PM
Yes, you can get a GAC for the daughter, there isn't a limit of "one per group" or anything.

Dawneeeey
03-18-2012, 09:11 PM
Thank you!!

BrerGnat
03-20-2012, 09:47 AM
I'm not sure if "severe asthma" qualifies for a GAC. They may advise her to rent a wheelchair, depending on what her triggers are.

The daughter can certainly get a GAC. If she will be riding all the rides that mom would be, there is no reason to get a GAC for mom. Only one is needed for up to 6 people.

If there are more than 6 people in the party, you will have to split up somehow.

ElenitaB
03-20-2012, 09:23 PM
Dawneeeey, I think your idea of obtaining two GACs in order to be able to split up is sound. And from the way you phrased your question, it sounds like the mom has received a GAC in the past. I know that we often split up as I (the mom) find myself needing to go back to the room to rest. If the GAC were in my name, and there was someone else in our party who had need of one, not having both GACs would present a problem.

The CMs at Guest Services will best be able to answer your questions and find the best solution so that you can all enjoy your vacation!

Dawneeeey
04-24-2012, 07:08 PM
Thank you! There are 8 of us.

My friend with sever asthma will be on a scooter but she also has portable oxygen and can't walk for any real distance.