PDA

View Full Version : Caribbean Beach?

Lacy
03-18-2012, 04:55 PM
I'm planning a trip for the Wine & Dine Half Marathon. I was disappointed by the limited number of host hotels. I don't want to rent a car so a host hotel is a must. The only moderate option is the Caribbean Beach. I've read some not so great reviews lately but we really like the moderate hotels and this seems to be the best option for us. So please convince me that the Caribbean Beach will be great! Or tell me honestly why it isn't so great. Our fav resort is either of the Port Orleans. The next option for a host hotel would be the Animal Kingdom Lodge which is significantly more for the week. Our group includes adults and a 4 year old boy.

Thanks for the info!

disneynarula
03-18-2012, 05:11 PM
I enjoyed my stay at CBR. The pool is really nice. It has a zero entry and a pirate theme. The little boy will love it! It is more spread out than POR but we did not find it too taxing to walk from our room to the main building and we had a room that was pretty far away. We also really liked the TS at CBR! It was nice and relaxing!

AnnaMom
03-18-2012, 05:21 PM
We stayed there a couple of years ago & really enjoyed our stay there. The resort is large we were in the Martinique Building #25. It was just a five minute walk to the food court which was pretty good - only ate breakfast. The bus stop was very close and we never waited over 5 minutes for a bus which was great. The pool is very nice plus they have all kinds of activities at the resort that the 4 year would really enjoy.

jillluvsdisney
03-18-2012, 06:08 PM
Stayed there about a month ago. We stayed in Martinique # 23. That's a preferred location which made it closer to food court, gift shop and main pool.

Really loved our stay. Relaxing.

Lacy
03-18-2012, 10:28 PM
Thanks for the responses. Do the preferred rooms cost extra or do you just try to request them at check-in?

brownie
03-19-2012, 07:51 AM
Thanks for the responses. Do the preferred rooms cost extra or do you just try to request them at check-in?

You'll pay $25-30 more for the preferred rooms, depending on the season.

Melanie
03-19-2012, 09:09 AM
We stayed at Caribbean Beach in '10 for the inagural Wine & Dine, and it worked great. My hubby has always had good luck with the busses to and from the RunDisney events.

We've stayed at CBR for longer stays as well, and we really enjoy the resort. Yes, it's large, but it's fun and nicely themed. Like previously mentioned, the boy will most likely love the Pirate themeing. If you want to spend a bit more, you could splurge for a Pirate room. :pirate:

debbymc4
03-19-2012, 12:21 PM
We stayed once, in a Pirate Room. My then 2 1/2 year old boy LOVED it! He still talks about the Pirate Room. I liked the resort overall, but prefer other Disney resorts, primarily due to the size of the resort. You should know that the Pirate rooms are the farthest from the main building, although there is a nice walk along the waterway to get there. Although I would pick other resorts over this one, I wouldn't hesitate at all to stay there either.