PDA

View Full Version : Crowds in July/August

eandrsmom
03-18-2012, 08:03 AM
We have AP's, and are considering a trip in late July/ early August. Can anyone tell me about the crowds during that time? I know what to expect as far as heat and humidity, because we live in South Louisiana, but I'd like to get an idea of how the crowds will be during that time.

BelleBeauty
03-18-2012, 09:07 AM
When we have gone in the beginning on August (around the 5th or 6th) it was right when Disney first started offering DDP. Crowds were large but manageable. Nothing impossible!

CanadianWDWFan
03-18-2012, 10:07 AM
When we have gone in the beginning on August (around the 5th or 6th) it was right when Disney first started offering DDP. Crowds were large but manageable. Nothing impossible!
:ditto:
We find with the longer park hours and using the EMH that we can do everything that we set out to do. We always go during the summer months, either the last week of July or last week of August, and are quite used to the crowds, we don't like them but we easily manage. The closer to July 4th you are the busier it gets and the closer to Labour Day the crowds go down.

eandrsmom
03-18-2012, 10:52 AM
We would be off-site, so we wouldn't do EMH. I'm thinking that it would be crowded, but not as bad as later in August when free dining will be offered. Also, how about the Lake Buena Vista area in general? Is the traffic horrible and the surrounding restaurants packed with people?

joonyer
03-18-2012, 11:23 AM
As you have already guessed, It will be crowded and hot & humid. But a crowded, hot, sweaty day at Disney World beats almost any other day, anywhere else. If that's when you can make the trip, don't let the weather or crowds keep you from going. You can still have a great time! :mickey:

TIdoubleGR
03-18-2012, 01:59 PM
We would be off-site, so we wouldn't do EMH. I'm thinking that it would be crowded, but not as bad as later in August when free dining will be offered. Also, how about the Lake Buena Vista area in general? Is the traffic horrible and the surrounding restaurants packed with people?

If you plan on taking advantage of all you can do when getting to the parks early, traffic won't be horrible. When we stay off site, we plan on getting to the gates around 8:00-8:30am for a 9:00am opening, and then base our morning departure schedule from there depending on when we are staying. It'll be crowded when you arrive, but not unmanageable, and you'll be able to get a lot done in those few morning hours before the real crowds show up. Can't say about the restaurants in the surrounding area, because we always opt to eat on property, but by the time we leave the parks (usually pretty late in the evenings), traffic was no longer an issue then either (once we got out of the parking lot, of course).

BugeyedMuggy
03-18-2012, 04:39 PM
We were there 1st 2 weeks of July 2011 and the only downer were the Brazillian tour groups. They were overwlming and the last few days we just stayed at the resort.

j2k
03-19-2012, 02:47 AM
I'm also from South Louisiana and planning an August trip as well and was thinking the same thing. I thinking planning is key to make it enjoyable in the heat. Attack the parks early and Take a midday break and relax at the pool or take a nap and recharge for the evening activities.

mommy2maddi
03-19-2012, 09:54 AM
We went in the beginning of August two years ago and it was busy but not unbearable. We made sure to make use of the fastpass option and planned out our day before we ventured out. :mickey: