PDA

View Full Version : Oct 2013

Gayle
03-17-2012, 09:20 PM
We are planning our first family vacation next year in along time. Kids and new grandaughter and grandson. Our vacation home is BLT. But the kids want Boardwalk what are out chances of getting Boardwalk for 9 adults and three children, at the nine month mark. Thank you. :mickey:

FiggyFan
03-17-2012, 10:00 PM
Gayle;

Sorry to say, but it looks like October is going to be tough. If you could do late September, that looks much easier.

As an experiment, I just went to the member web site and used the online booking feature to check availability of BWV for October 3-17, 2012. I checked all room sizes. Most of those dates were completely unavailable. The best I found was one case where I could get a room for 3 straight days. I then tried October 17-24, a 7-day stay starting right at the 7-month mark - similar results.

I then tried September 19-26. Studio, 1BR, and 2BR were all available for all days, and 3 BR Grand Villa was available for 5 of the 7 days.

I would guess that the EPCOT F&W Festival has drawn a crowd and pretty well filled BWV and BCV with home resort reservations. Next year is likely to be the same story. Does September work?

Checkers
03-17-2012, 10:13 PM
FiggyFan is correct. It is tough to get an Epcot resort reservation during F&WF. If your dates are set I would recommend reserving at BLT at the 11 mo. mark and then try and switch on the exact day of the 7 mo. mark. You can always waitlist but truthfully I have never had a WL come through at that time for us (that's why we finally bought points at BWVs). Good luck!

Happy :stpattys:Day!