PDA

View Full Version : DDP - recommendations for your favourites / best values for snack credits?

mom2morgan
03-17-2012, 05:05 PM
I've got my TS planned out and lots of good ideas for CS, but want to make good use of the snack credits too.

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-17-2012, 07:34 PM
The caramel shop in Germany! It even smells amazing! We stocked up on caramel popcorn, cookies, tons of stuff last time and it all was great.

We tend to use our snack credits for the "disney" stuff, Mickey Bars, etc.

sassafras
03-17-2012, 08:09 PM
The Werthers Store in Germany! Try the rice krispie treats drizzled with caramel and chocolate. They're wonderful!

GoldenDreams
03-17-2012, 08:57 PM
At the resort, we started to use the snack credit for a milkshake and the CM at the counter pointed out that we could have a milkshake as our drink with dinner. Since we had our mugs for soda/coffee and had already stocked up on water & juice, it was great to find another choice for the drink. We then asked for pie and ice cream as two desserts. She pointed out that we could have the ice cream on the pie - ala mode - as one dessert! It was starting to get hard to use up those snack credits! :mickey:

We ended up using the snack credits mainly for pick-me-ups at the park such as popsicles and popcorn, and then for some rice crispy treats for the way home. I especially liked the strawberry bars for keeping the kids happy. Another time we were able to get a fruit & cheese plate as a snack at Animal Kingdom. However, our favorite use of the snack credits was at the food kiosks during the Food & Wine festival. All of the food plates count as snacks.:cloud9:

MississippiDisneyFreak
03-17-2012, 09:15 PM
I like to use mine for the mammoth chocolate covered caramel pecan clusters at the candy store on Main St. We bought several last trip and brought them home.

Briansmom
03-17-2012, 09:27 PM
I've heard the eggrolls at the carts are really good but have yet to try those.

What we did discover on our last trip was the candied almonds and pecans. We had smelled them our entire trip and talked about how wonderful they smelled but were never hungry at any of the times. But on our last day we had nine snack credits left so we got several - some for souvenirs for our family at home and some for snacks on the ride home. They are yummy!:thumbsup:

Alaska Disney Fan
03-17-2012, 10:47 PM
We ususally go during Food and Wine festival and save our snack credits for a day of "Eating around the World" at Epcot.

BelleBeauty
03-18-2012, 09:11 AM
Another tip (not really a snack recommendation), when we were there in November we found out that some parks (depending on the CM) will let you get a bottle of water instead of a dessert with a QS meal. We found this was SO much more of a value as we are not dessert with lunch people and we find the QS desserts unappealing. Not everyone will do it, but it saved so many snack credits for actual snacks and not bottles of water!

brownie
03-18-2012, 11:03 AM
Ice cream sundae from Everything Pop
Hot pretzel from Germany in Epcot
Mickey Rice Krispy Treat with Ears Dipped in Chocolate

joonyer
03-18-2012, 11:20 AM
We used our leftover snack credits at the end of our trip to pick up several bags of Peanut Brittle (Goofy's Candy Co.) It's yummy and doesn't spoil so we could stash some away for a rainy day, or use them as gifts to family and friends.

Fastpasssteve
03-19-2012, 02:42 AM
I'm a sucker for the Mickey-shaped rice krispie bars with the ears dipped in chocolate. I snatch up some for gifts to bring back to people...but we usually end up eating them out of our carry-ons in the airport!!! Yum.

TinkerbellT421
03-19-2012, 08:19 AM
When we used the DDP we found a couple of favorites for the snacks. We get in the mood for the luke warm stale pretzels for some reason, the only time we ever eat them is within the first night or two being there with the really bad for you fake cheese to dip in. Yum. lol. And the delicious frozen slushies outside of the Land in EPCOT. That's pretty much what we used ours for, except when we had extras the day we were leaving so we had to go into the Boardwalk General Store and buy a ton of snacks. I remember buying a couple of bags of cotton candy and a bag of the chip and dale nuts! Ate those on the plane ride home! lol

princessgirls
03-19-2012, 11:12 AM
We try and use our snack credits for different "yummies".

Always a stop or two at the Confectionary on Main Street, my girls LOVE picking out a treat from there.

A treat or two during our week at the Caramel shop in Germany.

YUMMY Rootbeer Ice Cream floats in Animal Kingdom and Epcot

My all-time favorite Dole Whip Float in the Magic Kingdom
and assorted Mickey Bars along the way.

We also enjoyed a nice lunch using snack credits at the water parks (had a big breakfast) for salads. Perfect size!!!

Enjoy!
Julie:mickey:

SBETigg
03-19-2012, 11:34 AM
If you're there during F & W Festival, your best use of credits is on F & W food. But during regular times, I like:

Yak and Yeti Counter Service- one of us gets the spring rolls (2 per order) and one of us gets the chicken fried rice (a good size portion) and we share. Both count as snacks.

Crepe in France, WS, at the crepe stand. I love those.

Ice cream anywhere, or Dole Whip. Yum.

Also, I like to use snack credits for breakfast, by getting a pastry or cinnamon roll at Main Street Bakery, in my resort QS, or Starring Rolls.

KatrinaJ91
03-19-2012, 11:56 AM
Anything from the Kringla Bakery in Norway...we especially enjoy the Schoolbread and the Sweet Pretzels with Almonds!