PDA

View Full Version : Best time to Visit...

Camden'smom
03-17-2012, 01:36 PM
I was hoping to plan a visit to see the Christmas lights this year. Please tell me your opinion of when to visit. Thanks!:mickey:

Itchy
03-17-2012, 02:46 PM
First of all Welcome to Intercot:welcome:

My lady friend and I have gone the second week in December, although when we went they had an unusal cold snap hit and we had temps in the mid 20's. Having said that I have heard that the temps are generally warmer than that.

The lights were great though.

Have a great time planning..

Hope this helps...:mickey:

Strmchsr
03-17-2012, 03:31 PM
:welcome: to Intercot!!!

I think the week before Thanksgiving (not the week of) in terms of crowds and weather. The only thing you miss is the Candlelight Processional, but December weather (at noted above) is really iffy and crowds have been growing considerably.

BelleBeauty
03-18-2012, 09:13 AM
I would still say a few days after Thanksgiving into the early December. We went just before Thanksgiving this year and didn't feel that everything was truly decorated for the holiday yet - unless you went to hard ticket parties, the shows/ parades were not all holiday. Crowds were good until a few day before/ after Thanksgiving.

NyDisneyGirl
03-22-2012, 05:47 PM
I like the go the first week of December. All of the decorations are up, crowds are low, weather is nice, and I love that most of the rides have no wait time. Last year we rode Splash Mountain three times in a row! :mickey:

TexansInNY
03-22-2012, 08:52 PM
We have gone first and second week of December and are doing second week this year due to bounce back ofer in room. Never big crowds either week.

Mgcamp
03-23-2012, 04:41 PM
The best time to go is whenever you can!

LandFan
03-25-2012, 03:52 PM
We like the week after Thanksgiving :thumbsup:

mom2Z&A
03-29-2012, 12:41 PM
:welcome:

First week in December is not bad. DH & I are heading down the first week and we've taken trips to WDW in both November and December without any problems with the crowds!

Though of note, I recall reading on another thread that the Pop Warner Cheerleading event will be going on from 1 - 8 December 2012?? Someone please correct me if I'm wrong...:blush:

Whenever you do decide to go and wherever you do decide to stay, I hope you have wonderful time! :mickey:

buzznwoodysmom
03-29-2012, 03:35 PM
As far as weather, in our experience November and December can be iffy. We've had Thanksgiving trips that had some days that were down right COLD, and our Christmas trip last year had temps in the high 70's/low 80's the entire week. There is no way of knowing what the weather will be like for sure at that time of the year, so no use planning based on weather.

For crowds I'd probably go the week after Thanksgiving. By going anytime before Thanksgiving you have a chance of missing out on some of the decorations or Christmas events, such as the CP and the Holidays around the world at Epcot. Also in our experience not every resort was decorated until the very end of Thanksgiving week.

One year we were in WDW from the Thursday before Thanksgiving until the Tuesday after Thanksgiving. We noticed the crowds drop dramatically on the Sunday after Thanksgiving. Crowds were very managable all week, but they were nonexistent starting on the Sunday. So I think that entire week would be perfect!