PDA

View Full Version : New resort mugs for 2012?

tinksmom02
03-16-2012, 09:35 PM
I'm not trying to start a discussion or argument about using/reusing the resort mugs. I'm simply curious to know if they have rolled out new mugs for 2012, or if they're still using the beach-themed ones from last year. I thought they had, but I can't find where I may have gotten that from.

If there are new ones, would someone PM me a link to a photo or something, if you're not allowed to post it here?

Thanks!

Kenny1113
03-16-2012, 09:40 PM
The mugs I have seen appear to be beach themed.

jennsky
03-16-2012, 09:45 PM
They were beach themed back in late Jan/early February.

Melanie
03-16-2012, 10:01 PM
Same mugs. And no indication the RFID chip program Was ever expanded past testing at POP Century.

tinksmom02
03-16-2012, 11:13 PM
Thanks, all. Like I said, I was just curious. I read on a blog that typically they roll new mugs out in late Feb or early Mar (I guess that's when the run out of the previous year's mug), and I also really thought I'd heard about or seen new mugs for this year. My imagination must be getting the better of me LOL

buzznwoodysmom
03-17-2012, 12:36 AM
If I'm remembering correctly the last few designs were used for two years before a new design was introduced. The beach themed one was introduced last year, so I'm thinking it'll be around for one more year. I know our trip last year was around March 9th, and the new mugs came out several weeks before our trip, so I think if there was going to be a new one we'd be seeing it by now.

JoDisney
03-17-2012, 08:40 AM
They did not do the testing at POP. It was one of the All Stars resorts that did the chip. My son and friends just came back from POP from their Spring Break and the refillable mugs were the Beach theme and there were no scanning chips.

Melanie
03-17-2012, 09:49 AM
They did not do the testing at POP. It was one of the All Stars resorts that did the chip.

You are correct! AS Sports did the testing. :thumbsup:

tinksmom02
03-17-2012, 10:31 AM
If I'm remembering correctly the last few designs were used for two years before a new design was introduced. The beach themed one was introduced last year, so I'm thinking it'll be around for one more year. I know our trip last year was around March 9th, and the new mugs came out several weeks before our trip, so I think if there was going to be a new one we'd be seeing it by now.

Makes sense, thanks!

Katzateer
03-17-2012, 01:47 PM
They did not do the testing at POP. It was one of the All Stars resorts that did the chip. My son and friends just came back from POP from their Spring Break and the refillable mugs were the Beach theme and there were no scanning chips.

They did test the mugs at POP. The one I got at POP was in September, when they first came out. my mug cracked after I got home and I could see the chip embedded in the bottom of the cup.

Terra
03-17-2012, 04:19 PM
We just got back from the POP Thursday and they had the Beach Theme mugs/no chip activation.

I will say that I had wondered if the mugs would really pay off and was hesitant to get one, but my DH got one for he and I and they really did pay for themselves and then some! And now I have 2 portable coffee mugs for work ;)

big blue and hairy
03-17-2012, 08:02 PM
They did test the mugs at POP. The one I got at POP was in September, when they first came out. my mug cracked after I got home and I could see the chip embedded in the bottom of the cup.

It must have been a mistake. The machines that dispense by reading the chip weren't at Pop, only All Star Sports.

:sulley:

Cinderelley
03-18-2012, 02:10 AM
I've been sooo out of the loop. What were the chips for?

brownie
03-18-2012, 10:35 AM
They ran a test for a system that would only dispense to your mug for the actual length of your stay. Here's the thread that discussed this: Validating Beverage System to Begin at Disney Resort (http://intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=183759&highlight=rfid+mug).

tinksmom02
03-18-2012, 10:01 PM
We just got back from the POP Thursday and they had the Beach Theme mugs/no chip activation.

I will say that I had wondered if the mugs would really pay off and was hesitant to get one, but my DH got one for he and I and they really did pay for themselves and then some! And now I have 2 portable coffee mugs for work ;)

Oh, yeah, I find they really are worth the price, for me. Coffee and soda throughout the trip, and a reusable souvenir when we get home!

Sylvia
03-19-2012, 09:42 PM
I was wondering about the mugs myself. I have 2 of the beach scene from last September; looks like I'll have 2 more of the same design in May.

Crow
04-29-2012, 02:38 PM
too bad, i was hoping for a new design..
that is if i do get there for a trip that has been postponed twice.

texas211
05-01-2012, 09:07 PM
Same mug as I got at Riverside last year. Checked w/ some folks I saw today at Epcot.

Wolf
05-02-2012, 10:18 AM
For those of yall (like me) who buy the mugs to use as portable coffee mugs, drink cups and such. (I have mine on my desk next to me right now) At MGM/HS last year I got a fantastic mug that wasn't refilable but different looking than the resort ones, it had the fab 5 riding RnRC and ToT. I'm excited because the beach ones will be new to us, we didn't spend much time at our resort on our Oct weekend trip so we didn't get them.