PDA

View Full Version : Blue Lagoon Question

GoldenDreams
03-16-2012, 08:20 PM
Hi there,

Has anyone done the Blue Lagoon beach day excursion in Nassau? Can you tell me if you liked it? Was it easy? We are looking to have a very relaxing vacation and trying to decide between swimming and playing on the beach at the Blue Lagoon vs. staying on the ship while in Nassau.

Any info about this excursion would be great. We aren't planning to do the Dolphin or Sea Lion part, just the beach & swimming.

Thank you.

Reedy Creek Buccaneer
03-17-2012, 02:55 AM
It is okay, but I think you could find more fun at Atlantis. It is not really a beach per se. Lagoon fits better in the description.

susie & perla's mom
03-17-2012, 06:12 PM
If you're traveling with kids 10 and below, I'd prefer it over going to the Atlantis. You will be more relaxed and feel safe while the kids are playing in the water because there is no current at all. If your idea of relaxation is just laying down in a hammock underneath a shade, then this is your place:cool:

luvDaMouse
03-17-2012, 08:26 PM
We did the blue lagoon beach day in Oct, i would not do it again, I would most definitely stay on the boat if we went again. We had to all meet in the theatre in the am to get wristbands which took quite a while then had to get off the boat in a huge line and follow a person holding up a sign ( glad we were up front) through the outdoor market which I thought was pretty far to meet a boat. They say the boat ride is 20 minutes but it was more like 40 minutes to the island. Not impressed. They give you a couple of return times, I think around 1 and 4pm. They give you a coupon for a buffet lunch ( we didn't use it) I can't remember exactly what time we got there but we left on the early boat, so I want to say we were there at about 11-11:30. Coming back was crazy! The boat docked closer so it wasnt as long of a walk but everyone is filtered into 2 lines to get through to check id's ( that includes any cruise ships that are in port) I don't know how long the line would have been if we came back on the 4 pm boat. We spent more time traveling to and from the island than actually on the island.
Maybe atlantis would be better, I don't know.
I would save the money and take advantage of a spa day on the ship. Nassau is one port I would stay on the ship, In my opinion.
Dana:mickey:

DVC2004
03-22-2012, 10:45 AM
We just did this Feb and we enjoyed it alot. We were without kids this time, but I did see they had all sorts of large inflatables in the water like slides, water trampolines etc that kids were playing on ane enjoyed. The included lunch was fine, just your basic burgers, chicken, hot dog choices. The water was a little cold when we went so we hung out on the beach mostly and had a few drinks. For the price it's pretty good. It's scenic and private and pretty clean. It's a 25 minute boat ride over there, pretty quick. The boat back leaves at several times so you aren't stuck there all day if you want to leave. Everyone was friendly. You won't be bothered on the beach by people trying to sell you junky t shirts and hair braids.

I've been to Atlantis several times, both as a paying guest and as a cruise ship visitor. While it's a very nice place, but the excursion prices are outrageous. I think if I remember it's over $100 per adult just to visit their beach. This doesn't even include use of slides and pools. Which is really why yo go there. The beach there is OK but I would not go there just for that. Also one of the beaches is plagued by peddlers that are very aggressive in trying to get you to buy the hair braiding. When we stayed there on a vacation a very aggressive, pushy woman came and sat next to me and actually argued with me about it. I told her I had no cash and she actually had the nerve to tell me to get up and go get it from my room. This was at one of their 3 beaches.

I believe the excursion for Atlantis with access to slides/pools etc is over $200 per adult, possibly more. I thought it was like $269? While it's fun and amazing, you'd be better off just going there for a vacation and enjoy more than one afternoon at those prices. That's my 2 cents.

You can also watch the dolphins even if you don't do the dolphin excursion. They are adorable. We did do there Dolphin Excursion there before on another trip and it was great. I don't have any complaints about Blue Lagoon Island. They are great and worht what they charge.

GoldenDreams
03-31-2012, 11:20 PM
Thank you all for taking the time to answer my questions. The information was very helpful.

Tinkermom
04-14-2012, 11:04 PM
We have done this excursion and loved it! We are beach people though. Our kids were 8,13 and 15 at the time. The boat ride over is not that long and was part of the fun for us. The scenery was beautiful. The island itself is also beautiful and a great place to just relax and swim. We did some snorkling as well (brought our own snorkle gear) and saw some cool fish. It was clean and the people were friendly. Lunch was pretty standard but tasty. Watching the dolphins was a highlight. If you go be sure to walk to the opposite side of the island. There is a rocky beach (no swimming on this side) and it was just beautiful. If you would like to see some photos just PM me and I can send you a link. :mickey: