PDA

View Full Version : Site-wide wi-fi available at all WDW resorts

WDWRox
03-16-2012, 04:14 PM
Other sites are reporting the completion of the test of free wifi at all WDW resorts now, not just the deluxe. Gee.....only about 6-7 years behind the times there, huh?

tinksmom02
03-16-2012, 05:42 PM
Wow, free wi-fi AND fridges in the Values? Disney is movin' on up! LOL

CajunDisneyDad
03-16-2012, 05:59 PM
I had noticed that last week when we were at POR, and it was acutally GOOD Wi Fi lol

Polynesian Dweller
03-16-2012, 07:23 PM
Other sites are reporting the completion of the test of free wifi at all WDW resorts now, not just the deluxe. Gee.....only about 6-7 years behind the times there, huh?

Well, not quite all. It's not available in FW but wired Internet is, according to the official announcement.

Tekneek
03-17-2012, 06:32 AM
Better late than never. I imagine it was beginning to become a competitive requirement, but I have also wondered if this may be a significant component of their next generation plans. If you want people using wifi-enabled devices to make plans for their time in the parks, restaurants, etc, then giving them access to wifi when they are back at their hotels is going to be important.

Katzateer
03-17-2012, 09:18 AM
Wow, free wi-fi AND fridges in the Values? Disney is movin' on up! LOL

That's a good move on Disney's part since I am not sure I consider their value resorts much of a value anymore. The prices have gone up a lot in the last few years!

Tekneek
03-17-2012, 09:51 AM
By my calculations, Disney has been losing the battle on prices for years. The increasing pace of the escalation over the past few has made it even more obvious. Given the right circumstances, you can come out ahead staying off-property AND paying for parking everyday, and I've known that to be true going back at least about 6 years.