PDA

View Full Version : Tomorrow tomorrow tomorrow!!

Christine
03-16-2012, 01:13 PM
I sail away tomorrow on the magic! Wahoo! So excited my heart is racing!

Haven't sailed on her before- only the dream-

Any must do's /advice!?

Ed
03-16-2012, 03:03 PM
Don't tell me, let me guess....

You're just a little bit excited ? :D

You'll find that the Magic is smaller than Dream, but she's still a VERY large ship. The decor is quite different, but the general atmosphere is very similar.

What to do onboard ?? Well, everything of course!

If possible, try Palo. We actually prefer the ambience of Palo on Magic over the Dream. Just seems more intimate to us.

Take in the Sailaway Party from the 10th deck. Much less crowded, and you get a better view of the action. You'll also be able to hear those magnificent horns as you leave the pier.

Be sure to wave toward "Fishlips" restaurant off the starboard side as you leave the port. There's a live webcam there that follows each ship as they depart.

A little farther toward sea, there's also Grills restaurant. I might just be there for dinner, waving as Magic glides by a little after 5 pm.

:captain:

Christine
03-16-2012, 03:33 PM
Thank you Ed and YES I'm uber excited!! I'm about to jump out of my skin!!!

I appreciate the sail away advice- we got SMASHED IN on the party at the dream. I found the dream to be TOO big at times so I'm looking forward to a more Intimate setting.

Unfortunately we won't do palo. I'm a meat and potatoes kinda girl and foo foo stuff just doesn't send me.

I definitely will wave at the web cam! I watch it all the time- maybe ill get my phone out and watch me wave at myself! :wave: :D
And I'll wave to grills- yummy- that place is good- been there a couple of times!

Thanks for the tips! I truly appreciate it!!

Melanie
03-16-2012, 03:41 PM
No advice Christine, but I did want to say Bon Voyage and have a 'Magic'al time!!! :marg:

AgentC
03-16-2012, 04:03 PM
I have no advice, but I am totally jealous! Have a great time!

Ed
03-16-2012, 05:13 PM
Fantasy just left the port to make room for the arrival tomorrow morning of your MAGIC carpet.

Fantasy is going on a preview cruise to St. Martin and St. Thomas.

Christine
03-16-2012, 06:49 PM
Fantasy just left the port to make room for the arrival tomorrow morning of your MAGIC carpet.

Fantasy is going on a preview cruise to St. Martin and St. Thomas.

:cloud9:

Ed, that just made me smile SO big! Thanks everyone for the well wishes! I'm about to pop!!

ETA- my daughter's friend from School is going in that preview cruise- her dad is a "big wig" so to speak. I told her mom to take lots of photos for me and give me the full scoop!

Ed
03-16-2012, 08:01 PM
Hope you have a great cruise, Christine - - warm weather, sunny skies, calm seas, and friendly ports.

And remember - - we expect a full trip report and tons of :photo:

:sail:

Christine
03-16-2012, 09:48 PM
So sweet, Ed! Thank you!!
And I will do so- trip report AND photos- promise!

ElenitaB
03-16-2012, 09:50 PM
Bon voyage, Christine! Have a MAGICal time!

My tip: get a punch card at the Cove Cafe (if they're still doing that). I loved getting a cup of good coffee there every day, have some yummy goodies (you pay for the coffee but not the goodies), and watch the ocean slip by. :cloud9:

Christine
03-17-2012, 01:13 AM
Sounds glorious Ellen!

wildernesslady
03-17-2012, 10:41 AM
Have a wonderful time. There is nothing more relaxing than a cruise vacation. Say hello to Castaway for me. I miss that place.

goofyfan4466
03-19-2012, 10:08 AM
Don't tell me, let me guess....

You're just a little bit excited ? :D

You'll find that the Magic is smaller than Dream, but she's still a VERY large ship. The decor is quite different, but the general atmosphere is very similar.

What to do onboard ?? Well, everything of course!

If possible, try Palo. We actually prefer the ambience of Palo on Magic over the Dream. Just seems more intimate to us.

Take in the Sailaway Party from the 10th deck. Much less crowded, and you get a better view of the action. You'll also be able to hear those magnificent horns as you leave the pier.

Be sure to wave toward "Fishlips" restaurant off the starboard side as you leave the port. There's a live webcam there that follows each ship as they depart.

A little farther toward sea, there's also Grills restaurant. I might just be there for dinner, waving as Magic glides by a little after 5 pm.

:captain:

do you have the site for the webcam ?

Ed
03-19-2012, 09:12 PM
do you have the site for the webcam ?

Just Google Port Canaveral Webcam. It should be the first result.

They're also on Facebook.