PDA

View Full Version : Is beginning of November a good time?

mommy2maddi
03-16-2012, 08:57 AM
Planning a trip for some time in November. Thinking Nov. 3-9. Is this a good time for the parks? Does anyone know if there are usually promo's this time of year? Thanks for any insight you have! :mickey:

faline
03-16-2012, 09:34 AM
November 11th is Veterans Day Holiday. New Jersery schools are often off for a few days around this time which has become known as "Jersey week". It does drive the crowds up some.

Historic discounts are outlined in Info Central so you can check there to see pas discounts that have been offered around this time.

tinksmom02
03-16-2012, 10:08 AM
We lucked out with crowds last year--we were there the 5th-11th. That last day was Veteran's Day and also the Friday of aforementioned Jersey Week, and the start of the last weekend of the Food & Wine Festival AND the start of the Festival of the Masters in Downtown Disney. That was the only day of the trip that we noticed significant crowds--but boy, were they significant! You couldn't MOVE in Magic Kingdom or Epcot, DTD was a mess--I even heard that the Christmas party sold out for that night!

The weather was lovely and the crowds were quite manageable except for that day (and, I assume, the rest of the weekend). This year Disney is having its Wine and Dine Marathon (I think that's what it's called, anyway) over that weekend, but I don't know what that does to crowds.

We're looking at a quick trip down there during that time again, but we'll be coming home on Thursday night, or maybe Friday morning.

JenniferS.
03-16-2012, 10:08 AM
Last year we went from Oct. 27-Nov. 4. That was a pretty good week. We got to be there for halloween and they were just starting to put up christmas decorations on Nov. 2nd. The weather was beautiful....not too hot...not too cold. We did have a few days of rain, but we just braved it! The crowds were managable. We are used to going in the very light crowds in Sept. I would def. go at that time of year again.

VWL Mom
03-16-2012, 10:19 AM
Teachers convention is Nov 8 & 9 this year so "Jersey Week" will be running Nov 3 - 10.

We've found the crowds manageable with the exception of weekend nights at Epcot during F&W.
We now go early in the week and haven't had a problem.

Don't know if FL schools are closed for election day this year and what effect that will have on the crowds. If I remember 2008 it didn't make a significant change.

mommy2maddi
03-16-2012, 01:13 PM
Thanks for the input. We were planning Nov. 3-9 but may consider the 10-16 now instead. :mickey: