PDA

View Full Version : Going in 2 weeks!I know,I'm nuts!

PetefromRI
03-16-2012, 06:51 AM
Because of a work schedule we had to cancel our annual early May trip and go during the 1st week in April.I always said that I'd never go over springbreak so that's why we like to stay at a nice resort because we will probably be spending alot of time there.We'll be at the OKW for the 1st time and we're really looking forward to it.We made all of our ADR's so we're going with the idea that we'll just lounge around the pool and have nice meals every night.The parks,other than dinner in Epcot will be secondary.We're really looking forward to the OKW resort,any suggestions other than to stay close to the main pool area?

Pirate Granny
03-16-2012, 08:12 AM
I actually like the turtle creek pool better, and there is a food service there (not sure about alcoholic drinks). Less noise, less kids and very relaxing...I even took a walk over to DTD from OKW...our studio was on the second floor and faced the golf course....love, Love, LOVED it...

floridamom
03-16-2012, 09:53 AM
We've spent a week at OKW on two occasions, and it was very relaxing. We liked how it was pretty centrally located but felt like it was away from all the hubbub. We had a great location on the golf course just across the bridge from the area with the main pool.

OKW should be a good spot for that crazy week, which incidentally is when we are heading over for a couple of nights at the Dolphin. That time wouldn't have been our first choice either, but it gives us the chance to see friends from NJ who will be down then.

Enjoy your trip!!

Mitzie
03-16-2012, 01:05 PM
We will be there the first week of April as well. This will be our third year in a row going at that time. Crowds haven't been that bad in the past. Epcot last year was very slow on the day we went. Also, we got to MK at park opening, and we were able to ride everything we wanted in a timely maner. MK has late hours and we were there at about midnight..also a pretty quiet time..