PDA

View Full Version : How much time?

Tank3434
03-15-2012, 09:57 PM
From the time your flight lands how long does it usually take to get to your resort? We have a flight landing at 230 so Im wondering if there will be time to do a park that night? Staying at WL and plan to use Magical Express. I can take a flight that gets in earlier around 1130 but Idk if its worth the long day of leaing the house at 430AM to go to the airport for a few extra hours. Ill be traveling with a 17 month old and i dont wanto the day to be too terrible for him!

Gregandmel
03-15-2012, 10:32 PM
We've taken the Magic Express on both of our trips. The first trip we stayed at Wilderness Lodge, and the second trip at Port Orleans French Quarter. People told us to allow about 90 minutes total from the time you walk off the plane, head to the ME line (assuming you have no luggage you want to wait for) and then take the bus to your resort. Both times the "timing" was pretty spot on. You should be at your resort around 4pm or so and by the time you check in, (assuming there isn't a long line,) unpack, etc.... you could be at a park by 6pm and enjoy the rest of the evening! Now granted, sometimes things get delayed for one reason or another, but this "guide" worked for us. Have a wonderful time! We LOVED Wilderness Lodge!!!!! :cloud9:

Tink#64
03-16-2012, 12:20 AM
I agree with Melinda, In the past I've guaged for the 2 hour window & usually have come in just under. Alot depends on the crowd & how many are going to your particular resort. Is the DME bus full, did they have to load alot of luggage, or light crowd & they're waiting to see if more come along! 90 minutes is a very good time frame! A 17 month old! Wow could be a very long day for them! But at that age, in my experience, they tend to sleep when they need it! So an evening in the park should be really doable! :thumbsup:

BelleBeauty
03-18-2012, 09:24 AM
The 2 hour window has been our experience but we always fly in later at night when there are no lines at ME.

chick20679
03-18-2012, 12:45 PM
I agree! On my February trip, my flight landed at 11:30am, and I proceeded straight to DME. I checked in, had a bell-hop bring me to my room (Coronado Springs is HUGE) and freshened up a bit and was still at Animal Kingdom by 2:00p. So, the 1.5 to 2 hour window is pretty accurate, I'd say. :mickey:

mommy2maddi
03-19-2012, 09:58 AM
I was really impressed with how organized and quick the whole process was. We went in August which was a pretty busy time and from the time we got off the plane to the time we walked in to POP Century was right around 90 minutes. I guess the decision will come down to how versatile is your 17-month old? Some are fine with go-go-go, and others need down time. If you don't go to the parks you can always enjoy the resort and the pools.:mickey: