PDA

View Full Version : Am I a bit obsessive/pathetic?

Jim&AngieMarriner
03-15-2012, 01:19 PM
Sooooo.....
We are 35 days from our trip and I find myself getting more excited by the day. Ive just spent 2 hours or so looking at online satalite imagery of the POR where we ill be staying and MK and EPCOT. Ive been zoomed in as far as it will let me and looking at pathways from where our room is going to be and where the bus stops and such are. Looking at the parks and sort of planning where we are going to go within them, how to get the best, ect...

Am I odd even for us Disney fans? Or do some of you guys also do this kind of stuff?

BrerGnat
03-15-2012, 02:05 PM
Oh, NO. I NEVER do stuff like that. I didn't even KNOW you could use GOOGLE EARTH to view the parks and resorts from your computer. And, using the PATH function, see exactly how far the walk is from the Beach Club to the stand selling Grey Goose slushies in Epcot.

You are strange...

;)

dizneydeb22
03-15-2012, 02:22 PM
Pathetic...NEVER! But I think all of us Disney fanatics seem weird to 'outsiders'.

I'm a proud Disney weirdo!:mickey:

Auntie B
03-15-2012, 02:34 PM
I think you are perfectly "normal". It is people who do not do these types of things that are the odd ones!! You just made me giggle out loud at work - I "visited" Epcot yesterday from the comfort of my desk! :thumbsup:

CajunDisneyDad
03-15-2012, 04:05 PM
I think you are setting yourself up for a great time. We stayed at POR a week ago. We loved it! Have a wonderful time!

Dopey's Girl
03-15-2012, 04:41 PM
Sounds pretty normal to me..:blush:

Ms. Mode
03-15-2012, 04:47 PM
Yes, it's normal...I do it too! The problem I have is that after all the planning I've done in advance my family changes it all after we get there. :confused:

darthmacho
03-15-2012, 05:28 PM
Obsessive...yes.
Pathetic...no.
A little crazy...sure.
Embrace the crazy! :mickey:

Itchy
03-15-2012, 07:35 PM
Oh yes!

On a scale of 1 to 10 I think we are on the same level of being a Disney nut, 10 being the highest.

My daughters think I go over board, but daughter #2 is becoming almost as big a nut as I am. The others think their father has to much time on his hands...

So! Happy planning...:mickey:

I am 71 days away from the first trip and 169 from the second...:cloud9:

I am not crazy...:blush:

sweetsavannah
03-15-2012, 09:07 PM
Oh you are so normal...as far as therest of us go!:blush: why do you think we're on here right now?! We are also going in 34 days...yesterday I told my 10 year old daughter: only 35 days till Disney! She looked at me strange and said "let me know when it's 3 days and I'll be excited!" oops. Wonder who's the kid in this situation?:mickey:

Tink#64
03-16-2012, 12:32 AM
:D LOL I love it! It just reassures me that I'm normal! On Inercot at least! :D I've checked WDW out 9 ways to Sunday! Apparently I have no life! :funny:

:pixie: Wishes for a very magical trip!

Jim&AngieMarriner
03-16-2012, 09:53 AM
Tried google street last night, you know where you can be at street level and and navigate to your destination. They actually have some of MK done. Not all of it but a decent bit. Almost felt like I was walking down the middle of main street.

sonamae80
03-16-2012, 10:13 AM
I thought everyone did stuff like that?! I mean, to be able to use Google Earth (or whatever you use) to be able to "see" WDW just makes me feel like I'm there! Now, if I could have the "smell" of WDW bottled up, and put on a CD of theme park music while I'm looking, I'd be golden! :mickey:

PopPhan
03-16-2012, 10:19 AM
I just wish you could get 'real time' satellite imagery from these sites....Then you could tell just how busy the parks are; see the parades/fireworks/etc....

One can only dream.... :D

Jim&AngieMarriner
03-16-2012, 11:49 AM
I just wish you could get 'real time' satellite imagery from these sites....Then you could tell just how busy the parks are; see the parades/fireworks/etc....

One can only dream.... :D

Actually that would be wonderful. Not realistic but wonderful.

What is realistic and I think they should do is a small number of webcameras. Even if it isnt streaming video (which would be ideal), but a picture every 20 seconds or so. That would be really great. Then you could see how busy the parks were, at least in certain areas.

Auntie B
03-16-2012, 11:55 AM
Webcams would be fantastic. I might not get anything done, but that would be awesome!

Kairi_7378
03-16-2012, 10:19 PM
I did that a lot for our last trip. Then my husband would tease me. Then he would find a "cooler" site to look at maps on, LOL. I even got my 3 year old some park map print outs so he could feel like he was a part of the planning process.

All of this map research helped me out. We hadn't been to WDW in 5 years, yet, I was able to get us everywhere in the parks, other than for getting lost in AK once. I was very proud of myself... and my husband was very impressed.

So... to me, you are quite normal! Have a magical trip!